AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)

Hi all. The GOP driver on my RX580 is the latest. However, with my Gygabite B450m s2h motherboard - there is a big problem. When turning off CSM my computer refuses to start all the same, then the bios resets to default settings. I tried turning off CSM and then turning Secure Boot on, after that the motherboard turned into a brick, I had to sew the bios with a programmer. Many days of searching on the internet had no result. The problem is typical for Gygabite motherboards, especially for lower-end models (the last bios is on the motherboard). May be somebody has faced the problem?

Sorry but u cant tell us that a Gigabyte B450 doesnt boot in UEFI mode with the proper EFI hardware required, ur issue is other than this for sure, its HW generation from 2017/2018, other from that u do hear more often in modern mboard the lack of CSM and only having PURE EUFI.

my card is an XFX RX 580 2048SP Black Wolf as seen here and the vBIOS for the model in the TechPowerUp collection(RX-580P4DFD6) does not match mine(RX-580S45DD). So am wondering if someone has the same one and can share the GOP for the same.

What you’re asking here is an original dump vbios (PN:RX-580S45DD) this is no where related with GOP (driver).

The only reported RX-580S45DD vbios dump on TPU (unverified) matchs only a 8Gb… yours is a 4Gb…as mentioned.

I formulated it wrongly. What am looking for is the GOP for RX-580S45DD because the only reported RX-580S45DD vbios dump used in the GOPUpd to obtain the GOP matches only a 8GB and mine is a 4gb.

No my friend, GOP (a dxe driver) version doesn’t care about vbios version/size, this is what the tool (GOP_Updater_v1.9.6.5.k_mod_v0.4.9.rar) does, it updates the GOP in any version of vbios/size.
Share your original vbios dump here if you want.

Hello. I can’t download the file because of the viruses that Google writes about. Please help me provide a link. I also attach my bios from the GPUz. Please help update it to Vbios

Fixing last-image-bit in PCI Structure of Legacy ROM!
Using last byte for checksum!
EFI is NOT last image!
Fixing ID, last-image-bit and checksum for EFI image.
File “GK104_updGOP.rom” with updated GOP 0x10038 was written!
I uploaded my bios through the GPUz of the video card and ran it through. Having received the message above.
But when checking the file, there are no visual differences.

You keep telling…uploaded, attached, but no files linked or attached on your posts.

EDIT: I wont do any vbios mods or updates, the GOP updater is for updating the EFI driver needed for UEFI boot, most vbios have a legacy vbios for CSM boot and an efi part for UEFI boot (no CSM), mods and flashing is user risk only and decision.

Every user should always search for an oficial OEM vbios update, a decision for a 3rd party vbios from sources like TPU is again user own choice/risk.
The correct pcb, revision, sku etc… is details NOT to depreciate upon this search on other vbios sources.

Unfortunately, new users cannot attach files. I give a link to the cloud.
file GK104 is the original. And the GK104_updGOP file, what I got after the firmware.
I need to get vbios for my video card. In order for it to run without CSM

Okay, I understand you. Thank you! Just specifically for my video card, I can not find any VBIOS version at all.
GV-N66TWF2-2GD/F1
GTX660ti

Why not… doesnt your search engine works, Do you know how to use a PC??? Damm sir…

GV-N66TWF2-2GD (rev. 1.0) Support | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

This is a UEFI vbios F2 version (2013/03/22), what is the model of the motherboard?

EDIT: Nice and easy motherboard, fully UEFI compat. Just bios settings to a full UEFI OS and thats it, No AUTO or CSM.

Try another card or other output port, check UEFI/PCI rom priority. A user with a similar Gigabyte model can be more specific on these details that im not going to loose time with it and no Gigabyte board with me now, good luck.

PS: I checked the original dump of the vbios (F1), take the oficial update (F2) as it nedeed.

the model is GA-Z77P-D3 GIGABYTE

As soon as I do without сsm , the image disappears completely.

I found that there exist two versions of 1.70.0.15.50 gop for polaris cards.
The difference is that in the first bios the EFI image offset is : 0x0058 (abs: 0xE858) (like the old 1.69.0.15.50) and in the second bios the offset is : 0x0050 (abs: 0xE850)
Also the UefiSourceRevision is in first bios as GOP AMD REV: x.x.x.x.x and in the second as GOP AMD REV: 1.70

I also uploaded the two bios in a winrar zipped file:
Desktop.rar (215.2 KB)
It seems that one gop is for the 256kb bios the the other for the 512kb bios.
It seems that the gop that is already included in the tool is more suitable for the 512kb bios.

234393-256.rom_newGOP.rar (114.0 KB)

@Sylar76 @pitdicker can you add the new gop revision 2 in the GOP_Updater_v1.9.6.5.k_mod_v0.4.9 tool?

EDIT: Is so simple? I change in the tool only the amd_gop.efirom file with the new one gop (58kb) and it will work?

@Sylar76 is it possible to have the utility also remove uefi gop completely from rom and fix it as legacy only?

Why should I do that? If you need legacy you can enable CSM inside your bios settings and VGA will boot in Legacy mode.

@boombastik
Absolutely identical versions of 1.70.0.15.50 gop, but different offsets (0xE858 and 0xE850). In the bios gop is located with 0xE800. Why do you think the other offset was needed and what card is this gop 0xE858 from?

@Dagal the pre version of 1.70.0.15.50 had always offset 0xe858.
The 0xE850 is provided here few post above by someone with an asus card that have 512kb bios.
I dont know if it is needed but i flashed my rx580 card with the offset 0xe858 gop as always it was before.