AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)

This is an very know old issue and you can see it and you know it, the warning right after opening it with VBE so…the UEFI Patch tool cant really do nothing to it besides its claims… and this an GCN1.0 R7 not HD7xxx besides the rebranded versions they came from them. Im not aware of any simple tool to correct this…even worst with latest AMD GOPs, simply because the GOP signature is getting bricked, so this is the main issue here.
Try to get in those “rich” elite guys forums… seems they call themselves “miners”… i prefer another term…but its only me, they may have the miracle answer to you, even so i do believe they do not care about GOPs or UEFI mode… only themselves.

Sorry but i dont have a better anwser to you, wait for other users opinions, good luck.

if u mod a bios, use magic gop 1.69, it is in this topic, just try that one.

Your advice wouldn’t help me as I didn’t know how to get the GOP-updater to use magic GOP at all.
And all I had to do was to type “yp” instead of “y” in the GOP-updater in order to apply the patched GOP. Now it works with version 1.70.0.15.50, my mod bios & CSM=disabled. Hooray.
It’s a pity that I had to spend a lot of time reading everything from the very beginning to understand such a simple nuance.

You are completely wrong, as it turns out. You didn’t read the whole thread, did you? Everything works using VBE, “HD7XX UEFI Patch Tool Beta” for R7-250 graphics card. All I had to do was tell to GOP-updater to apply the patched “magic” GOP.

Yes my friend the MGOP is the solution as it exists now…before that, you been stuck like i said and i didnt mentioned MGOP because my brains cant remember all…cheers, all the best.

A post was merged into an existing topic: GOP Update and Extraction Tool (NVIDIA Only)

Hello,
I have an Asus GTX 1050 Pascal graphics card.
Using GPU-Z I saved the VBIOS.
I then dragged the VBIOS file onto the bat file and updated the GOP. All without red errors and messages.

Original and update file compared with rom_info.bat. Everything OK.

Then I used the command “nvflash64 --compare” on the original file and on the updated file.

Everything passed with the original file. The updated file failed verification with “–compare”. Mismatch error.
Is that normal?
Can I use the new VBIOS file GP107_updGOP.rom even though “nvflash64 --compare” failed?

Original file:

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\nvflash_5.814>nvflash64 --compare “C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5\GP107.rom”
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.814.0)
Copyright (C) 1993-2023, NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading EEPROM (this operation may take up to 30 seconds)

NVIDIA Firmware Comparison
Comparing C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5\GP107.rom…
Current - Version:86.07.39.40.E0 ID:10DE:1C81:1043:861B
GP107 Board (Normal Board)
Compare with - Version:86.07.39.40.E0 ID:10DE:1C81:1043:861B

ERROR: Size difference between file(0x3EA00) and adapter ROM space (0x7F600)
NOTE: Make sure to compare with entire saved image file.
Firmware
Legacy BIOS … Pass
UEFI … Pass
Firmware Certificate … Pass
Firmware
Legacy BIOS … Pass
UEFI … Pass
Firmware Certificate … Pass
InfoROM … Pass
Unallocated Space … Pass
File firmware image C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5\GP107.rom matches adapter firmware image.

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\nvflash_5.814>

new VBIOS file:

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\nvflash_5.814>nvflash64 --compare “C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5\GP107_updGOP.rom”
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.814.0)
Copyright (C) 1993-2023, NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

NVIDIA Firmware Comparison
Comparing C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\GOPUpd_v1.9.6.5\GP107_updGOP.rom…
Current - Version:86.07.39.40.E0 ID:10DE:1C81:1043:861B
Compare with - Version:86.07.39.40.E0 ID:10DE:1C81:1043:861B

ERROR: Size difference between file(0x3EC00) and adapter ROM space (0x7F600)
NOTE: Make sure to compare with entire saved image file.
Firmware
Legacy BIOS … Mismatch
UEFI … Mismatch
Firmware Certificate … Mismatch
Firmware
Legacy BIOS … Mismatch
UEFI … Mismatch
Firmware Certificate … Mismatch
InfoROM … Mismatch
Unallocated Space … Pass

MISMATCH ERROR: Command Compare error

C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\nvflash_5.814>

Many thanks.

You want that a NVidia tool reports correctly on a mod file???
You cant compare the original file with the one updated/mod, the GOP driver is not the same.

EDIT: The updated vbios flash is a user option ONLY, you want to understand it a bit more start reading from the top and the developer notes on NVidia.
Theres no reports of the tool bricking the cards…when properly used, and the tool is free and not NVidia development so we cant expect NVFlash will validate it. I use it myself on my systems, nothing to report.
The developer is RETIRED and latest versions were updated by forum users, the forum is not responsible for the use and results of this free tools, its all a USER CHOICE only.

Thanks for your help.

But nvflash64 detects Legacy BIOS, UEFI and Firmware Certificate mismatch regarding the updated mod file.

Hi guys,

I own a GTX 1080 and want to update GPU’s GOP.

The original BIOS has 268.800 bytes.
BIOS with updated GOP has 269.312 bytes.

So the new BIOS is a little bit greater in size.

Is this okay? I’m unsure if I can flash the new BIOS file, I’m scared not to brick my GPU.

There are my files in case you are curious.
Stock:
Updated GOP:

Thank you in advance.

The new GOP itself is bigger, expectable.

EDIT: No sir…im sorry, but no one can or is willing to say such thing.
This is mod world, you take the risks or dont…like we all did, including me on my own gpu, simple and straight.
You can only ask such thing to a user with same hardware, who shared a mod file to you and can report his success.

EDIT: Congrats and enjoy it.

So I can flash that new VBIOS image, and I won’t brick my GPU?

EDIT: It worked, GPU is fine after flashing the updated VBIOS.

Nvidia GOP 0x6000A Variant 0x000000000000000A = GXnew

Dated: Nov 2 2020 Changelist 29274485

Most likely signed by: Microsoft Corporation UEFI CA 2011

Machine Code = x64

Checksum CRC32 = 4EC50EEB

Note: The GOP file is not present in my database.

You can help me by reporting it.

tks

Hello,
which gop updater version did you use?

When the original VBIOS was still on the graphics card, did you check the VBIOS with updated GOP?
I mean the following command:
nvflash64 --compare “VBIOS with updated GOP”.
I had a certificate mismatch with the new VBIOS version with the updated GOP. And other things were mismatch too.
See post above.

He would get the same results as you had… this is a modded file.
You do preparations for a possible vbios recover or dont flash it at all.

I used GOP_Updater_v1.9.6.5.k_mod_v0.5.2.zip from here: https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZUzB8ZLrwnBMPHdzh9ibVNRd8uU01GcX77#returl=https%3A//e1.pcloud.link/publink/show%3Fcode%3DkZUzB8ZLrwnBMPHdzh9ibVNRd8uU01GcX77&page=login

I never ran that compare command when the original VBIOS was still on the graphics card. Everything seems to work normally after I updated the GOP.

Thank you for the info.
Unfortunately one more question:
Which nvflash version did you use?
I used the current 5.814.
Unfortunately, Restricted or unsupported is displayed for the EEPROM.
What does that mean?
Asus Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1050.
Thank you.

I also used version 5.814.

Despite I get the same error while running nvflash64 --check, the flashing process worked perfectly.

Hi
I’m trying to add UEFI to a GTX 580 but it fails with the 2 options available GF10x & GF119. The card gets bricked and is no longer recognized.
Can anyone help me get this working?
Why isn’t there a GF110 option ?!?
(bios attached)
EDIT nope it won’t let me upload because i’m new ?!
How long do i need to wait until i can upload it???
Thank you

@Johan Unfortunately the GTX 580 was released with a small BIOS EEPROM that does not have enough room to flash a dual (legacy+UEFI) VBIOS.

I had four GTX 580’s (all different brands) and all suffered the same problem.

Some people have desoldered the EEPROM and replaced it with a larger chip that is double the size so that they could use the GTX 580 in a Mac workstation but that is a lot of effort to go to (especially for an old card).