AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)

There’s an RX 590 BIOS w/ AMD GOP 1.67.0.15.50 available on TPU now.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?man…FX&model=RX+590

Patiently awaiting the patched version from @hellm or @lordkag

EDIT: WTF? Why you do dis?

Capture.PNG

Here you are. This time i even corrected the checksum for the magic version.

Device id at offset 0x22-0x23 is 0x67DF (470/480/570/580/590); has to be changed for use with other cards.

AMD GOP 1.67.0.15.50.efirom_newGOP.zip (115 KB)

AMD GOP 1.67.0.15.50_magic_D803F7B9_compr.efirom.zip (57.4 KB)

So how do I use those attachments to "update" 1.9.6.3 so I can update my 290x vbios?

Also, what is the Magic version? What makes it Magic?!

You don’t, lordkag will update it. Soon. But you can use a hex editor if there is any pressure.

Magic because it just works, like a replicator on Star Trek… and most of us don’t know how; lordkag has put magic inside.
It is also known as “patched version”. It always returns true for the legacy signature check.

@D2theZ Rename one of the 1.67 EFIROM(.efirom) files to amd_gop.efirom and place it in the #GOP_Files folder. If you don’t want to overwrite the existing file rename it first(to something like amd_gop_1.66.efirom), before pasting the new file in the folder. Then just use the GOPupd batch file as you normally would. It will still ask you if you want to update to v1.66. But if you choose ‘yes’ it will update the GOP using the newer file. So you’ll end up with a BIOS rom updated with AMD GOP v1.67. Which you can verify the GOP version of by dropping the updated rom on the #AMD_ROM_Info batch file in an older version of the GOP updater tool(like 1.9.8.d). Since the #AMD_ROM_Info batch file doesn’t work with @lordkag 's latest version(1.9.6.3). Hopefully he’ll fix that with the next release too. You can also use the GopInfoX.exe in the #ROM_Info\AMD folder to verify the GOP version. You just need to run it with command prompt. Basically…

GopInfoX BIOS.rom

Of course you're telling command prompt where GopInfoX.exe is first(or opening command prompt where it is). And using the actual name of the rom file you're checking(if it's not BIOS.rom). You'd also need to have the rom file you're checking in the same location/folder as GopInfoX.exe. One more tip, if the name of the rom file has any spaces in it...remove them first. Or...you'll find out why.

EDIT: About the "Magic" version, it's what you need to use if your vBIOS is edited. Or you won't be able to also use any UEFI GOP features of your motherboard.

Released Version 1.9.6.4:
- Updated AMD to 1.67.0.15.50, thanks to MrGenius, hellm and TPU. The patched GOP is also updated. Use with “yp” when updating if you want the patched GOP.
- Added Turing support, but no promise if actually working. I added a few extra checks, just to make sure I don’t screw things up, but still not super positive about it. For starter, Turing has a backup image on the same chip; it has an extra special image at the end, detached from the rest; it has a different IFR header; it has a new RFRD header, which I’m certain it stores the size of the image and other size related fields, plus a SHA-256 hash, at the very least. Given that all Turing GOPs so far have the same size when compressed, no relocation should happen. But I can’t tell if they hash and sign the full image, which will be game over for any GOP update.
- Fixed a bug with extra data reinserting in Nvidia. Since Nvidia didn’t had extra data after special images prior to Turing (to my knowledge), nobody should have been affected.
- Starting to add support for multiple EFI in image, like the Nvidia Update containers. This concerns only the extraction, obviously.

@ngc598
I really can’t say why this happens. Maybe it is a bug in the GOP 2.4.0.0 itself, in which case you will have to wait for an update. What version did you originally had? I have all the GOPs from 2.x.x.x series, if you want to test them. Does the GOP actually gets loaded, i.e. you get the mainboard logo when booting to OS?
@Fischer
No. At that offset and on newer cards, it is the microcode. Only concern would be if it got relocated.
@MrGenius
Thanks for the new GOP. Saw the error and fixed it.

Hello,

I have XFS Radeon HD 5770 video card which I intended to be used with Hackintosh.

During my attempt to make it work in OSX (supposedly it should work out of box) some leads brought me to this forum. I have read the first post and although I do not understand all technicalities of the subject I attempted to patch VBIOS.

The files: original VBIOS ROM (juniper.rom extracted with GPU-Z), patched ROM, screenshots of patching process and two window side by side comparison is available at following address

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vuv6rj…-J46BP12cUcyHnR

During patching I got following error (line in red color)

----- Quote ------------------------

No EFI ROM found!
No EFI ROM found or error on decompression !!!

GOP is not present!!!

----- End of quote ----------------

Is my understanding correct that VBIOS does not include EFI ROM code and the video card can not be used with EFI?

My attempt to find alternative VBIOS ROM was not successful – manufacture website even do not mention this video card among ‘products’ any more.

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/all-previous-gpus#*

VBIOS ROM for this card was been found at ‘Tech Power Up’ website as well

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/8290…770-1024-100414

If I read the version of the VBIOS ROM on the website correctly, my video card has more recent VBIOS version.

I would be happy to hear a word from you if my XFX Radeon HD 5770 is good for patching.

Thank you,
John

Hello anybody help ME? I have ASRock a780gmh/128m motherbord and not work gtx780ti video card not video signal …other motherboard work perfect… offical BIOS update not help… :frowning: plese help ME advice…
Thanks…

@JohnD
It can be patched, but there are limitations due to chip size and microcode location. My tool is not yet complete/capable when dealing with such images, I will address this in a future version. For now, here is the desired output:
- Juniper_updGOP_small.rom has an older GOP that can accommodate the microcode and the chip size. This can also be flashed to the chip.
- Juniper_updGOP_big.rom that has the newest GOP and the microcode relocated (with unknown consequences and results). This can only be used for VGA passthrough.

Juniper_updGOP.rar (186 KB)

@lordkag hi,Is it necessary to patch AMD GOP 2.4.0 to a magic version? i just got 1080P but not 2160p while booting by dp 1.2 thanks a lot

@lordkag - Any suggestions regarding the errors shown in my post #619?

I Bought in very cheap brand new ASUS P104-100

https://cryptomining-blog.com/9435-first…ng-p104-4g-gpu/

I updated GOP but output are disabled and support for direct computing. How that is possibly made? Is there possibly work around after research?
Change sub id or header of the bios etc.?

Hello there!
I have a XFX Radeon HD 6450 that I intend to use on a motherboard that has shitty CSM/Legacy support, so I was trying to make it boot on UEFI mode.
After patching the rom, it increased in size. Originally it was 64kb, and the patched version is 122kb.
Trying to flash it on atiflash is impossible because of this.

Is it possible to patch the rom and keep it the same size as originally?

Thanks!

@conscript - see this post - AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY) (17)

Thanks, @Lost_N_BIOS , I think I have the same card as @jimwin has, and it only has a 64kb BIOS chip. Even flashing with the other EFI files provided on the post you linked, I still end with a ROM bigger than 64kb. (but a little bit smaller than before…)

Is there a way to add the EFI ROM and end up with a 64kb ROM?

@conscript - I think it applies to all the cards from back then, so you don’t even have to have that same card. Upload your GPU-z dump and I will see if I can do it for you. Which choices did you want from what’s mentioned in that post? Image 1, 2, or 3?

@Lost_N_BIOS , Thanks! I uploaded the a zip file with the original ROM for my card. About the options, I don’t really care as long as it can boot in UEFI mode (or Windows 8 mode, as my board calls it), and it can output video on VGA and HDMI.

Caicos.zip (37 KB)

Thanks, so UEFI mode, are you using secure boot mode? I think you need signed drivers then, correct? I think to use unsigned driver you have to enable test mode windows.

I can disable secure boot if needed.