AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)

While this seems more like the BIOS fault, as it should only load what it can actually handle, I suppose I can add this as a separate option. This time, I have a feeling Nvidia is going to be a PITA. Still, no ETA on the implementation.

I was tried upgrade GPU in HP Pavilion H8-1102NL (Pegatron IPISB-CH2 with AMI Atio 4 without EFI modules). Every card with EFI-GOP has froze on POST screen.

edit: @lordkag UEFI classes

UEFI_Classes.jpg

Hello,
Im owner of AMD HD7850 exact model is Asus HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2.There is an update in ASUS site which makes my card uefi.However i could not be able to upgrade my bios because of asus tool failure.
The thing im curious about is do i need a uefi bios to have latest gop or can i insert latest gop to my legacy card without a problem ?

thanks.

EDIT:after i update gop of my bios through the tool … the bios size being reduced from 128kb to 122kb is this normal thing ?

EDIT2:My current gpu bios https://www.sendspace.com/file/s55g6x

As mentioned, as long as it’s not larger you should be OK, but you may have needed to use whatever command erases chip first before wiring 122kb to the rom, that way only FF would be in remaining.

So to be safe, all you do is add FF padding at the end to make 128KB again.

*Edit, your link is 128KB file, that is OK to flash now, did you already fix and wanted it checked? File contains only 63.8KB of data (65,344 bytes)

i just decided to flash uefi added 122kb bios and it worked fine now gpu-z sees it as UEFI

Great it’s working! If you want that 122kb image corrected to 128kb upload it here and I will fix so you can reflash.

hello ,I have a Devil Vea56 that has been upgraded gop to 2.4, disabled csm in bios, using the 4K monitor connected by DP 1.2. the resolution of booting logo and Clover is only 1080p. It’s very blurry. my gtx980ti has no problem. It’s the same as the Z370 motherboard of Asrock and MSI. It’s really weird! i also tried to flash vega64 bios with gop 2.4, got the same result. so Is it related to monitors or graphics cards? If anyone can tell me, i’ll be very grateful.

i just extracted the new uefi bios from the card with gpu-z and it was 128KB … so i think we dont need this :slight_smile:

Just used GOPUpdate 1.9.6.2 and got this

It updated. Should I try to flash?

Edit.

Flashed and all is fine!

@lordkag
My card is an NVidia Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC 2 (2GB RAM). I have uploaded at the link below
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1…GfI?usp=sharing

1. DumpUsingGPU-Z_80.04.19.00.26_GK104.rom (This is the one that I dropped onto GOPupd.bat) MD5 Hash B028B14E85890CD3EF3A0AE7B940F91B
2. LatestTechpowerup_80.04.19.00.30_Galaxy.GTX670.2048.120504.rom (I didn’t try this yet) MD5 Hash 6BCBA526789912819D4F117B16DEB37D
3. A screenshot of the GOP Updater output

gopUpd_Screenshot.jpg

The GOP Updater outputs an unhealthy sounding “File Not Found” message (which file was it looking for?) and also number of red and yellow messages such as
- No EFI ROM found or error on decompression !!!
- GOP is not present!!!
- Warning! GOP type missing! Continue only if you know what you are doing!
- Product name = GK104 Board. This might (!!) be used to determine your GPU architecture.

I saw that @iMarc had a similar issue at post 91 in this thread, but mine looks a little different so at this point I have not proceeded and am reaching out to you to ask for your suggested next course of action.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

@lordkag

Sorry to read about the issues that kept you away, glad to read you have bounced back :slight_smile: . I only decided to revisit today, due to hellm mentioning you yesterday.

To all the members that kept the tool updated just gotta say thanks :slight_smile: , great resource :slight_smile: .

I just updated VBIOS using GOPupd tool, card is RX VEGA 64 reference PCB. No issues to report using tool and updated VBIOS. I have ASUS MG279Q connected to GPU via DP, rig is ASUS Zenith Extreme with Threadripper 1950X, POST/UEFI display was 1080P prior to update and after for me.

Link to screenshot of AtiWinFlash showing VBIOS data before and after update to GOP, link. VBIOS I use on my GPU, link.

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1Ed4BVgBVMLSPUmtpq1gbTg

a new TU1xx GOP,release date:OCT 4 2018

We need a new version NVFlash with Certificate Checks Bypassed!!!

Already happened.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidi…ner-s-club.html

Released version 1.9.6.3:
- Update GF10x to 0x1002D, thanks to TPU
- Updated GP1xx to 0x3000E, thanks to TPU
- Added TU1xx version 0x50009, thanks to TPU and eraser666, but no update yet. I should start on this soon, now that I have more than enough samples and updates.
- The tool now reports if I you are using a patched GOP, but it only compares the checksum with #GOP_Database.txt. Still, it should be more than enough, it is not like there were patched GOPs everywhere.

Hello @lordkag thank you for this utility!
Do you know why this message is shown ?

Install Phyton: https://www.python.org/downloads/
Open a Command Window and go to the Phyton Script Folder: “C:\Users<b>USER\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts>” (User is your Username)
Here you have to enter: “pip install colorama”
Done.

if you get a Error Message like: You are using pip version 10.0.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘python -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

you have to enter: ‘python -m pip install --upgrade pip’ in the Phyton folder from a Command Window.

Hope this Helps.

@The_Master Worked Great Thanks!!!

Hi @lordkag 4K monitor, I got a same problem that just like #647 said. Updated my GOP to 2.4.0.0, the bios and icons look like work on the very low dpi. Just wondering is there any possible can edit the GOP then make it work on (4K?) hi-dpi monitors?

Thank you very much.

Buggy?

GOP Updater 1.9.6.3
GPU-Z 2.14.0
XFX RX580 GTR-S Black Edition 8GB Crimson - RX-580A8DBR6
-> Bios: Datei von filehorst.de laden