AMD Firepro W5000 Overvolting Vbios Mod Request (UEFI Vbios)

Hello Win-Raid! I’m new here and this is my first post!
As the title shows, I need help to make my GPU go over 1.000V. My GPU is a Pitcairn based card with GCN 1.0

I tried software like VBE7 to change my voltage but since my gpu is UEFI it doesn’t work, and when I try to boot my GPU without its UEFI vbios, my UEFI only motherboard takes over 1minute to get a signal and nothing changes.

VBE7 only works with non-uefi bios (I read that from a different forum). So I tried various methods like modding MSI afterburner. It did work making me go over the max voltage limit but when applied nothing changes in monitoring software such as GPU-Z. I really want to go past 925mhz core because my GPU still has thermal headroom. I know it’s a 75w only card so it might be a hassle to overvolt it.

The last method I haven’t tried was modifying the UEFI bios using hex editing but I don’t know how to do that, unfortunately, so if you are willing to mod my vbios that would be greatly appreciated!!
Also My voltage controller is a Volterra VT1556M for those who are interested I guess :). I also added some screenshots and vbios!

Here are the specs:

GPU1
________________________________________________________________________________
Display device : AMD FirePro W5000
BIOS : 015.025.000.007
GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_6809&SUBSYS_0B061002&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0
Multi-GPU role : master
Registry key : \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video{600100D6-8F64-11EB-AC4D-70B5E834058E}\0000
VDDC controller : Display driver

gpuz1.png

msi1.png

Pitcairn.rar (39.3 KB)

Anyone? Also, I think HxD could be a good software for hex editing but its too hard to do

For guidance…

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/creati…d-newer.406016/

Thanks for the guide I’ll try and figure it out from there, I will post results if it works :slight_smile:

And radio silence (either way). I googled for info on this and all I found was your FUD about UEFI. The problem is NOTHING TO DO WITH UEFI

Without UEFI and taking a stock BIOS and only changing the Overdrive limits (for example) you can flash a new BIOS to this card but the limits remain the same in Afterburner (even after enabling extended limits). I also experimented with changing voltage, core/mem clocks in BIOS and whilst GPU-Z saw the numbers applications indicate they did not change.

I suspect its as simple as “although VBE7 recognises BIOS and creates a valid tweaked BIOS, the limits etc are hardwired somewhere else in the BIOS”

Which is sad cos memory easily hits the “max” 1040MHz (so will go higher) and it is obvious the core clock is limited by the 990mV voltage (mine also stable at 900MHz, runs 925Mhz but Heaven locks up). Similar Pitcairn cards use 1.15V and core around 1150MHz so IF BIOS could be modded this card could be boosted nicely.