AMD GPU drivers on NT 6.2 BSOD

Greetings!
I have a R9 380 and I like to test a variety of Windows OSes on it. Officially it only supports Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 but I managed, with a bit of driver searching and INF modding, get the card working on Windows Vista and 8.0. With the latter, until 2016 I was able to just grab the latest Windows 7 driver package and install it as is on Device Manager. However, in mid-2016, trying to install the W7 driver would always result in a BSOD in 8.0 with the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. The error occurred right as the OS was finished copying the driver files and switching resolutions to the monitor’s native one. This struck me as odd, because the driver works just fine in Windows 7, a previously released OS. Alas, since 2016 that I am not able to install the W7 driver package on a NT 6.2 OS.
I did some digging to narrow down the details of the issue and here’s what I found:

->The last AMD driver to not BSOD on NT 6.2 is the Radeon Crimson 16.8.3;
->Coincidentally, this is the last driver in the 16.30 development branch (latter 16.9.1 updated the driver branch to 16.40)

This was all I could find with my limited knowledge. I was wondering, since this forum specializes in getting newer hardware on older OSes, if someone would lend a hand in this issue I uncovered.
Anyone with an AMD card can test this behavior with newer driver versions as well on Windows 8.0 or Server 2012.