AMI INTEL CPU Microcode Update Guide

Yes @davidm71 - Bootguard is not active on that system. If you have a modified BIOS file that is done and ready, if you need Qflash fixed on it and can’t do it, upload and I will check it for you.

@ Lost_N_BIOS

Do you think it is possible to add a cpu patch to a HPE Bios? to support Intel Platinum 8136 ?

@hijno - I don’t know about that, maybe @dsanke can advise you or he can tag someone that might be able to help.

@hijno
Supporting new CPU not only need microcode, it may need other parts. You can have a try,

Hmm not sure i can do that :frowning:

Hello, if i have 3 CPU microcodes in my image and I can’t allocate the borders for each of them correctly, can i inject only 1 code which is the most relevant for my CPU and delete all the rest data by adding all FF ???

@klaxklax3 - unsure why you can’t make each land on a multiple of 800h? Not all BIOS require this either. Increase or decrease file size if needed. Unless that is the issue, you can’t rebuild with a larger microcode body inserted?
To answer you generally, yes, you can remove all except the CPU you are using, that will work just fine but only for that CPUID (keep in mind in the future).
If you need someone to check and help you insert new and keep the other two post a link to your BIOS and we can check/do for you etc. If you do this, let us know which is your main CPU and what microcode you want it updated to.

@Lost_N_BIOS yes, newer version of my primary CPU code is larger (5C00h) than the old one (5000h), so i am afraid of messing up the job

Thanks, it’s not an issue usually, I can do for you if you want. Link me to the BIOS you want used and let me know what microcode you want updated (or I can just update all if you want?)
To do manually, rebuild all the file and pad out the 5C00h to 6000h, then put rest following from there, when doing that you may need to align them further down the list too. If this is AMI BIOS, MMTool can do all that for your manually via CPU microcode insert tab

@Lost_N_BIOS i would highly appreciate your help but I am afraid "Step 5 - Make corrections to the FIT table" looks even harder than applying CPU codes! Maybe someone can give additonal guidance for this stage or at least give a screenshoot of a final FIT table … ?

I would do all that at same time (after) I did the ucodes, if you want me to do it. If you want to take a stab at it, I wrote a guide here for doing the FIT table corrections, but yes it’s involved.
This guide needs updated though, you can skip a lot of steps at the end by using UEFITool 53-55, but I need to write out how to do that in an update to the guide and I haven’t had time to do this yet.
[GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex

If you want me to do, link me to the BIOS you want modified and I’ll update it for you, will only take me a few minutes

@Lost_N_BIOS i’ve changed file type cuz site doesnt allow me to upload *.bin files, my bios larger than 6 MB

See above, looks like we posted at same time - I need link to your BIOS not the type or tools etc,

If the BIOS works with MMTool CPU tab, you can use that easily, delete the old microcode and insert the new one, then save mod BIOS and open again to check to be sure all microcodes have correct dates and look right (FIT table probably will still need fixed with this method, unsure).

* Edit - @klaxklax3 - I don’t need the microcodes or the raw body etc, only a link to your BIOS (zipped) you want used (Either stock, or already modified for other stuff and confirmed working by you previously)
I do need to know what version you wanted though, I assume 25 from the above file

I don’t want to edit the body for you and then have to do the FIT Table later, I’d rather do it all at once and be done with it for both of us, much quicker that way.

* Edit 19 - @klaxklax3 - Sorry, I had to assume it was board in your signature and was in hurry because I have to leave shortly, so did latest BIOS for Asus Z87-K 1402

MMTool cannot be used for microcode replacements on this model, I checked this first for you just in case.
There are three microcode GUID’s in this BIOS (17088572-377F-44EF-8F4E-B09FFF46A070), first leave alone, second two replace with same modified contents, then correct FIT Table.
Additionally, there is a microcode for 306C3 outside of the microcode GUID’s, twice, all by itself inserted RAW??? It’s rev 12 at B6FBBFB7-05A6-44A7-AD77-8FB9DEC4DD63, I would leave this in place (and did), and see in windows if correct updated microcode was loaded or not.
If microcode loaded still shows rev 12, then we can address that other one outside of the microcode GUID’s

When updating all three at once, no alignment needed, they all go in at correctly aligned locations (0, 6000, B800) Flash via USB Flashback.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…905913513878190

Once flashed, check in BIOS and in windows with HWINFO64 or AIDA64 and see if rev 12 is still in use, or 25. If 25, nothing more to do, if 12, we’ll have to address that single one inserted as RAW (twice)

@Lost_N_BIOS you are right, MMTool refused to replace the body "invalid FFS file"

I didn’t even consider MMTool module extract and edit, if you want to try that way you have to extract both modules with MMTool then replace with MMTool.
When I mentioned MMTool above, I meant CPU Patch tab, that’s how you’d normally update microcodes with MMTool, but you can’t on this BIOS. Probably due to it’s a mess from Asus

I used UEFITool and hex editor to do the BIOS above, let me know how it goes, which microcode shows up in use once your back in BIOS or in system.

@Lost_N_BIOS i had plans to flash your bios to the chip right after cleaning of ME region but i just realized i cant clean ME region for some reason, probably due to modification my program (Intel ME&TXE Injector) doesnt work for your file. I need clean version of ME region in bios

@Lost_N_BIOS i tried to flash through EZ Flash with no success… "Security Verification Failed"

@klaxklax3 - Yes, EZ Flash cannot be used for modified BIOS, you must use USB Flashback and leave the file as I had it named.
Sorry for not mentioning, this is common knowledge with Asus owners and mod BIOS, so I assumed you already knew and had already previously flashed modified BIOS on your board.

What are you trying to do to the ME region? I didn’t touch it, Asus Stock ME region. If you want to update or disable ME for some reason, you should use Intel FITc program.
If you have some program you made? (Intel ME&TXE Injector) and it works on Asus stock BIOS, but not the one I modified for you, I have no clue, since ME was not touched by me and remains exact same as stock ME region.

@Lost_N_BIOS I have already done modification of CPU codes to the latest version with a programm available on GitHub "CPUMicrocodes-master".

What is the difference between "stock" me rigion state (we get after using FITc, Intel ME&TXE Injector etc) and "extracted" me region offered by default ?

Im kinda new to this "stuff" Idelly I want to reduce ME region influence on the system without hardware failure, i have read many threads on Github about it but solution they offer doesnt look the same as using replacement Me region insted of offered "out of the box"

That does not modify BIOS, that is plutomaniac’s (From here) microcode repository, where you download microcodes from, there is no program there to update microcodes. To update microcodes you have to use a BIOS editing tool such as MMTool or UEFITool etc.

Stock ME is bare, from Intel, with no “Per-motherboard” specific settings, this you do not want to use, it’s not programmed for any board so stuff may not work if you insert that. It should only be used with FITc program to clean and re-apply your stock ME settings from the BIOS download or BIOS dumped from your board.
Extracted is what all ME will be after being configured, even after you insert stock RGN to FITc and build a BIOS, “Stock” only shows at ME Analyzer with unconfigured ME (not what you want in a BIOS you flash to your board)

If you want to “Disable” ME, use the cleaning guide, replace with stock RGN during midway through guide, and then before building final image set ME Reserved bit to True @ PCH Straps >> PCH Strap 10
This may cause many things to not work though, disabling ME should really only be done for testing or extreme paranoia