AORUS 15G YC unlock request

I am trying to install hackintosh on Aorus 15G, but I have trouble enable/diable some options in bios thus I need to have my bios unlocked. I’ve edited the PchSetup using ru.efi, and successfully wrote back biosreg to the bios.

Below I attach my bios dump.
https://a.tmp.ninja/maTBnCHY.zip

Could someone mod this bios for me?
Thanks in advance…

alternative ,.,.use RU.EFI “like unlock” work is identical - SETUP domain
and here is OFFSETS map for customized setup

Section_PE32_image_Setup_Setup IFR.rar (197.4 KB)

if you have an option in the bios to save the OC profile - used after editing for a backup
CMOS reset or bios reset - restore this mod

but still carefully !! not all settings is possible resets !!!
and you must works only on SETUP domain and visually verification defaults setup vs OFFSETS

or try wait ,.,.good luck

example for try OC unlock

One Of: Overclocking Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xDA
0x2DB7D One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 04 00 00 00 00}
0x2DB84 One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 03 00 30 00 01}

One Of: OverClocking Feature, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x1B7
0x309D9 One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default) {09 07 04 00 30 00 00}
0x309E0 One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}

try this ,.,.OC lock - this unlock emulation for OC ,.,.OC feature - this sometimes add new tab in bios for OC

example or any options what you need “only not recommended from PLATFORM SETUP domain”
basic - ADVANCED / OC / SA domain / PCH-IO .,.,etc is OK

and good combo is AMIBCP - for a visual preview of the bios “but modding here not works !!”
,.use this for HINT only :grinning:

RU.EFI + OFFSETS map - try luck “soft mod” :upside_down_face:

amibcp - for domains HINT

Thank you anyway!
Well, offsets map is a good idea, but the hackintosh toturial tell me to check a lot of bios options, like “CSM Support”, “CFG Lock”, “Intel SGX” … (20+), though AMIBCP might be a good hint, it’s a bit dangerous for me as a rookie to edit every HEX values…

I followed the post below:
Gigabyte AORUS 15G BIOS unlocked

and trying to use UEFI tool to extract and replace.

If I could have a mod version maybe I can learn more about it.

i found unlocked FB07 for your model ,.,.but all flash is risky !!
i will try to check what is different in unlocked and your file and compatibility verification

but better try RU.EFI “no flash way” or must wait for correct mod “bad flash - dead mobo !!!”

edit

check topic here ,.,files is identical “but any FLASH is always risky”
FB07 / BIOS Date: 02/26/2021 19:16:36 Ver: X5LQVC0739

Wow, I going to check the difference compared to the original one. :smiley:

Mods for you. report results。

1 Like

It works !

While Advance tab shows, but I am confused that many options under other tabs(eg: “Boot Conofiguration” under “Boot” tab) are still grey(unavailable).

Thanks !

BTW: Is that a problem that I should not switch GPU card anymore? I found this message on this post: [Request] Gigabyte AORUS 15G BIOS unlocked. seems that if I do so, there will be no output to display and need to use programmer to rescue the bios flash.

Blockquote While Advance tab shows, but I am confused that many options under other tabs(eg: “Boot Conofiguration” under “Boot” tab) are still grey(unavailable).

Yes only advanced settings are shown. If you need more I will re-edit for you

Blockquote seems that if I do so, there will be no output to display and need to use programmer to rescue the bios flash.

Display toggles are available on models with Mux multiplexing. But anyway you can’t disable

hi
Please don’t you know any good topics where to start with bios editing ???
,.for study “mods for new device” :slightly_smiling_face:

///// edit
<<<<< not use gpu switch if not exist by defaults !!! “ec fw must be also compatible / peg port setup”
lot users lost display after this setting “SA-DOMAIN” and this black-screen stuck “cmos reset not helps”

use all display settings on your laptop with caution :upside_down_face:
edit2 :thinking:
on older devices IGPU or optimus + ICC DOMAIN “BCLK / SS mode” - also possible stuck screen
but this solved - cmos reset “45s power button ?” .,i recommended find first time CMOS reset key.

good luck :smiley:

1 Like

or just one tip how to work with AMITSESetupData :rofl:
i still stuck on this file ,thanks for any tip .d

Google Translate looks so confusing. so that I don’t quite understand what you mean :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I’m sorry, everything from the names around the bios is difficult to translate correctly
“from web translator” :drooling_face:

I just wonder how to edit “AMITSESetupData” does this also apply to modern devices? or where to start learning how to modify these modern systems.

Do you only use the HEX editor “AMITSESetupData” for mods or is it already done differently?
or AMIBCP5.02.034 ?? “on my devices still works” or need any special tools ? :thinking:

///
I just need some direction to get started :smiley: ,…,is there any good TOPIC here on the forum - no request ! but tutorial ?? :sweat_smile:

for APTIO5 and probably Inside as well
I don’t even need it - offsets + ru.efi is ok for me :upside_down_face:

This example is suitable for regular methods, just need to delete/replace hidden menus (such as advanced menu-18 27) from the blocking area in the hex editor to complete the editing.

1 Like

thanks a lot for the advice :slight_smile:
and UEFI tool - better any older 0.28 ? or 0.25 ,.,.A59 not works properly ?
I don’t know but all my AMITSESetupData looks identical :confused:
,.,.for rebuild - 0.28 is OK or is posstible modding directly in UEFI TOOL A59 ?

I trying compare “mod vs oem” for faster learning. But i not find different in files :thinking:
or i need different module ?

AMITSESetupData >>setupdata >> BODY in BIN ??
and here HEX modding :grimacing:

or this is best topic for start learning ??

but it’s hard to translate everything correctly and there’s not much time :cry:
,.,.thank for any hint or re-direction .d

I use 0.28.
To unlock the main menu you should edit AMITSE PE32, L-N said very detailed this is a good guide for people

i will try this older UEFI tool,…, thanks :slight_smile:

I still remember that I used some tool in PYTHON to translate AMITSE PE32 “not HEX edit”
,.,but probarly on older APTIO5 or APTIO4 and now all looks different and new :sweat_smile:

.,.i will try luck on older UEFI tools and read fully this topic ,…really thanks :wink:
unfortunately L_N_B missing here