Aptio 4 (Dell) - Can't add UEFI Boot Options

Hi,
i have a Dell Vostro 3350.
I unlocked the hidden options:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-…er-uefi.144351/

But i can’t find an option to add uefi boot path’s.
I want to launch Shellx64.efi.
At the Save & Exit Tab is a Option called “launch efi shell from filesystem device”.
But this also doesn’t work…

Any tips?

Kind Regards,
MaCXyLo

Hi MaCXyLo,

The “launch efi shell from filesystem device” option is integrated into the system by the manufacturer.
The manufacturer would customize a flash drive to run the command for a BIOS update.

What you are trying to do (boot into your own UEFI shell created by Intel) requires a flash drive and a copy of the unmodded Intel shell files themselves (modded in this case means the manufacturer might have restricted specific features).

Here’s a tutorial that describes the steps: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R…=56913#pid56913

You’ll definitely want to parse the BIOS “Setup” module through Universal IFR extractor first (as it is an AMI Aptio 4 BIOS, the Setup module contains each option’s code and name when you boot into the BIOS menu), as each BIOS has different hex codes for different settings.

Hey,
thanks for your hints.
i begin to edit the options.

I edited the Array to unlock the other tabs:
010100010101000000000000 ← original
010101010101010101010101 ← with intel

Then i switched the following bits:
0A 82 46 02 ← true
to
0A 82 47 02 ← false

1E 82 46 02 ← true
to
0A 82 47 02 ← false

No success…
Can someone take a look @ my setup-ifr.txt file? Thanks!

setup-ifr.txt (351 KB)

i believe, the filesystem module for fat32 isn’t integrated into this UEFI.
following ideas:
integrate the filesystem module into the UEFI and try again to load the UEFI Shell.
or
replace the ePSA (Enhanced Pre-Boot System Assessment) Test Module against a UEFI Shell.

Anybody experience with that?

Kind Regards,
MaCXyLo

Aptio 4? Chances are the option uses a Supressif statement to hide the item unless there is a partition and file system device.
You could also try naming your shell bootx64.efi, format a USB hek with a FAT file system, create a EFI folder in the root of the drive, create a boot filder under the EFI bolder, then copy your bootx64.efi file there.
The USB key should be seen as removable media and the BIOS should see the executable at the standard path.
You could try making a bootable CD-ROM with \EFI\boot\bootx64.efi on the bootable file system in case Dell decided to limit automatic discovery to just CD-ROM media.