[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

I don’t think, that this is the reason.
Here are my UAC Registry settings:

I don’t think, that this is the reason.

I did not change any of the file handling the call in Windows Explorer. And this problem no one complained.
I do not understand why … :frowning:

Add:
Once this thing, I can only recommend to copy and rename the BIOS file manually.

Ops, I thought that GBe was LAN version, not region…

On my forum gave this response:
http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic…07311#p11307311
In brief:

Found where is the version! Now it’s up to the utility DrvVer and the release of the final version. UBU.

@ SoniX:

Thanks for the updated UBU version.
I have already customized the start post of this thread.
As soon as the final version is out, I will update the screenshots within the start post as well.

Regards
Fernando

Is this tool recommended yet for use of updating the CPU Microcode of ASUS bioses? The tool seemed to run fine, but before I flash it I wanted to check. The message at the start of the thread about MSI and ASUS and their "special" microcode worried me a bit.

MMTool from command line always supersedes the first module.
Asus and MSI have the first module is always "empty". His replacement has no effect. To insert a module into the BIOS Asus or MSI, delete "empty" module. It is not dangerous. But. BIOS Asus might be larger than the three modules, and BIOS MSI greater than two. And then replace only manually. At this point, I know. Asus have a module to replace always penultimate. MSI is always last. And not the MMTool can do at the command line.
We are working on a solution if the BIOS there are so many "extra" modules with CPU microcode.
At the moment, in most cases, had no problems with the update module, CPU microcode.

this is a very good tool, it worked perfectly with my ASUS Sabertooth x79 motherboard (BIOS v.4302), highly recommended.

I’ve updated the Intel RST, Marvell Controller and the NIC to the latest version

Nice Job !!

By the way I understood a little bit in the header of the microcode for the CPU. Now it will be possible to add support for the microcode CPU update for the X79 boards. But I need to know exactly what are the CPUID topical at the moment.

@ RavenXE:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Regards
Fernando

Hello everyone, I need your help guys. I have got from Asrock a beta version of bios for my H67M-GE ver. L2.17A, I see that some parts of the bios are not up to date, so I used “UEFI BIOS Updater”. But I have a problem: I have scrupulously fallowed the procedure, but there is no selection number “1”: Intel RST (s) and EFI OROM SataDriver missed, while all the others choices are selectable. This problem doesn’t happen with the official version of bios 2.10, but the official bios doesn’t support the Secure Boot and Ultra Fast Boot. Please Help Me. I attach the bioses. Thanks to all.

Best Regards, Davide

H67MGE2.10.rar (3.88 MB)

H67MGE2.17A.rar (3.61 MB)

@ d4v1d3
Hello.
H67M-GE ver. L2.17A - in this version of BIOS, there are no modules IRST OROM or EFI. So the update will not be offered.
Best Regards.

Sonix thanks for your reply. But it is possible that it lacks the module IRST? I tried to add it manually with the MMTool CSMCORE but without success, I have this error: "file size Exceeds the volume size", why?

Sonix thanks for your reply. But it is possible that it lacks the module IRST? I tried to add it manually with the MMTool CSMCORE but without success, I have this error: "file size Exceeds the volume size", why?

Unfortunately, you cannot do anything. Free space is really not.

Bytes Free       : 00FE90 ( 63 KB)    Bytes Used       : 070170 (448 KB)    |

Even if you manage to add OROM IRST, I am not sure that it will work. As in the BIOS it not established in download CSM

@ SoniX:

The interesting fact is, that the ASRocks board H67M-GE obviously supports RAID0, RAID1, RAID10 and RAID5 (look >here<), but its BIOS doesn’t contain any RAID ROM module.
Do you know, how and by which BIOS module the Intel SATA RAID Controller of the maiboard is managed?

That’s right. In standard BIOS version 2.10 is present "OROM IRST", so there is support for the RAID. And in the BIOS 2.17a-beta no modules OROM and EFI. And possibly RAID will not work.

ok, so i can’t use the RAID function. But I bought a SSD 840 EVO, I need to update anything to work well the SSD in AHCI mode with TRIM active?

Thanks to all

Here’s an observation I’ve mad with an Asrock Z68Extr3Gen3:

Using included RtkUndiDxeX64_xx.ffs - v 2.023 - GUID EB53FCAD-(compressed) breaks onboard LAN.
Onboard LAN is shown in diagnosis as version 0.00A (original version included in bios) -> Better make replacing this an optional task.

@ d4v1d3
I think that the TRIM command should work. AHCI in the BIOS function is present.

@ mictlan
You use network booting an operating system in UEFI mode?
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - But in the original versions of BIOS (2.10/2.20/2.30) don’t have EFI LAN Realtek module. You’ll integrate it manually?