Are there any Vendor Specific NVMe SSD drivers for ADATA SX8200?

Hi,

Ideally I should be asking this question to ADATA but I have not yet bought their NVMe SSD and their online support won’t allow me to proceed unless I enter a valid serial number.

When I go to ADATA website of my region and try to look for Drivers for their SX8200 NVMe SSD, all it shows is just a PDF manual. There’s no sign of any driver for download.

https://www.adata.com/in/support/driver/

I am looking for clarification on below 2 issues.

Does this mean that ADATA unlike (Samsung or Intel) have not designed any specific proprietary driver for their SX8200 NVMe SSD and they expect users to use either Microsoft’s Inbox NVMe Drivers or Linux’s built in NVMe drivers?

I have read somewhere (could be misleading too) that Microsoft’s InBox driver may not yield optimum performance. I am not too sure if this is true. More specifically I plan to install Windows 7 64 in which I will integrate those MS Hotfixes (KB2990941 & KB3087873) to add NVMe support in that case.

Thanks.

@rohitg - there is other NVME drviers too, check the NVME section of this forum. For your specific ADATA driver question, I doubt it, but maybe @Fernando knows if there is some specific ADATA driver. He would also be able to direct you to the correct thread to find the best performing driver

I wanted to add to this, because I spent the past couple of weeks trying to get the Adata SX8200 PRO to work with Windows 8.1 x64

The only driver/.inf recognized by the Windows on installation was the Samsung drivers. Nothing else works with these Adata SSDs. so I email Adata Tech support to ask them for their SX8200 NVMe drivers for Windows 8.1 and also for LINUX x64 OpenSUSE… I received a response 3 days later that stated, “NVMe driver for SX8200 models is native in WINDOWS 10, thank you” That all I receive from them. ;>(

BTW, here’s the performance results of the Samsung x64 drivers and Win 8.1, as you can see, slower than a SATA SSD. This is on a XEON system where Toshiba XG5 was peaking at ~2500 Mb/s.

@rohitg :
@Misty :
The Company ADATA manufactures NVMe SSDs, but no specific NVMe drivers for them. So the users of an ADATA NVMe SSD have to stick to a generic MS NVMe SSD, if they want to get any Windows OS from Win7 up installed onto any ADATA NVMe SSD.
Nevertheless it is possible to change the in-use NVMe driver once the OS has been properly installed. Within the first 2 pages of >this< thread I have listed the generic Intel RST v16 platform and v1.5.0.0 OpenFabrics Alliance NVMe drivers.