Asrock Z97-Extreme6 NVME Boot Raid - Help Please

Dear all,

Kind thanks to Fernando and others for the excellent guides. I’ve tried my hand at modding the latest bios of my Z97-Extreme6 Asrock motherboard to enable pre-OS NVME Raid option, to no avail. Would someone be so kind as to point me to the guide that would get me to the desired result? And if what I want is impossible, please let me know. After multiple attempts, I am at a loss.

Kind thanks!

Gleb Bazov

@gbazov :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

What sort of BIOS modding have you tried? What do you mean with “pre-OS NVMe RAID option”?

If you just want to boot off an NVMe SSD and your mainboard manufacturer haven’t put the related NVMe module(s) into the latest mainboard BIOS, you should follow >this< guide.
By the way: You cannot create an Intel RST RAID array with NVMe SSDs as members, because this feature is only available with modern Intel chipsets from 100-Series up.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

OK, I believe this answers my questions.

I have no problem booting off an NVME drive, and, in fact, have two of them set up for network-shared storage in a Windows Raid array (I am using an Amfeltec adapter to drive two 960 Evos from a single PCIE 3.0 x8 slot). My question was specifically with respect to setting up a hardware NVME Raid on a Z97 platform, and I finally have a definitive answer - that it is impossible. I guess there is no Bios modding that can be done to get around the limitations? Oh well. Hopefully I will win my current bid for a Highpoint NVME raid controller :). Where there is a will, there is a way.

Much thanks!

Gleb