ASUS G14 GA402RJ - Inject UUID, SN, MAC... into new binary

Hello, my laptop GA402RJ got bricked. I desoldered the EEPROM IC ( Winbond 74M25JWEIQ) and dumped the binary from it with bus pirate. Downloaded the latest version (version 319) of the UEFI from ASUS’s website, extracted the binary image from the capsule and then loaded it onto the EEPROM with bus pirate but the laptop didn’t start. Further reading lead me to the conclusion that MAC address, system UUID and Serial Number must be injected into the new empty binary before flashing it onto the EEPROM and this is what I currently need a little help with.

I know the serial number - it’s written on the bottom of the laptop.
I think this laptop doesn’t have LAN MAC address as it doesn’t have Ethernet port. However, it has WI-FI card and I know it’s MAC address.
I have no idea what the UUID number is. Never saved it while the laptop was working and now I hope it can be obtained from the old dumped binary.

I can work freely with hex numbers, addresses, various tools and so on and if someone could tell me how to extract the numbers from the old binary and where to put them in the new one I think I could do it. You guys are my only hope <3

UEFI original files and EEPROM dump

Suspect is the padding at 0x1020000, the first 0x4000. Seems to be some hardware information, too. Maybe you want to check if something got rewritten already, but it should be OK to simply transfer the padding completely.

1 Like

This is what i found on 0x01020D60

I suspect this is the UUID because it is exactly 32 digits. It repeats on more than one place though, don’t know if this is normal.

Tomorrow morning will copy the contents of the whole padding area into the new rom and will flash it and see what happens.