Asus H97M-E Success! Microcode / RST / Hidden Settings

Based on last Asus H97M-E bios v2702: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1…E-ASUS-2702.zip

Before:

Intel RST(e) OROM and EFI SataDriver
OROM IRST RAID for SATA - 13.0.0.2075
EFI IRST RAID for SATA - 13.0.0.2075
Intel CPU MicroCode
Broadwell CPUID 040671 - 13
Haswell CPUID 0306C3 - 19

Now:

Intel RST(e) OROM and EFI SataDriver
OROM IRST RAID for SATA - 13.2.2.2224
EFI IRST RAID for SATA - 13.2.0.2134
Intel CPU MicroCode
Broadwell CPUID 040671 - 16 <- not tested, I don't own a compatible CPU
Haswell CPUID 0306C3 - 21

Also all "hidden" settings have been "unlocked" but some of them are dummy/not_working/useless/not_hidden_when_they_should_be. I could have done a better job but I've only one board and not so much time so I can't test everything. If someone would like to help me, I'd really like some before/after pictures of each sub-menu, the list of unusable settings (dummy/not_working/useless/not_hidden_when_they_should_be/bios_crash_when_you_select_something).

I flashed my chip with a Raspberry PI to avoid any kind of problem, I followed this [Guide] Recover from failed BIOS flash using Raspberry PI but instead of my original bios dump I used my modded version.

Here ---> https://www.mediafire.com/?ci917olsgruw7ba <--- you can download 2 versions, both have the updates, but only "ALL_SETTINGS.bin" have the all settings unlocked the other file "HIDDEN_SETTINGS.bin" has the usual menu layout that you can find on the original ASUS bios.

I'm not responsible for any kind of damage that you will/can/could cause to anything/anyone by using these bios.

Thank you for your work Vento. dear me its working fine. flacher with an EZP-XPROS all the menus are there. :pray:t3:

Hi.
I’ve got this motherboard recently, and I wanted to install a Xeon E3-1285L v4 or even a E3-1285 v4 on it, but the official CPU list doesn’t mention it.
Did you include the microcode for the Xeon LGA 1150 Broadwell core?
Thanks.

@JaPanAt

This thread is a bit old, why dont you open the files and check the mcodes with MCExtractor, AMI MMTool or even UBU, you’ll get the full list of what’s inside the mod files or even add/remove it yourself.
Good luck

EDIT: These are the mcodes presented by the user mod files

EDIT: By their mcode cpuID…
40671 CPUID database (cpu-world.com)
306C3 CPUID database (cpu-world.com)

I don’t know why but I can’t achieve to use any of them…

Edit: how do I check what CPUs are included in this microcode list? Sorry but I’m quite a bit off the bios mod world so I don’t know where to look…

Please check my edit.

306 C1,C2, C3 are haswell 1150 cpus
40671 are broadwell 1150 cpus

306C3 v7 are for haswell prd cpus, that could unlock the all core turbo to be equal as 1x turbo (if cpu 1x turbo is 4ghz, then all core should be 4ghz, despite official spec is x38 for example). has been known as mcode bug (i dont remember if TSX is still enabled in this mcode or nah).

there is 306C3 v99, modified mcode v7 header by msi, but i never tested those on other board than msi, i think v99 is to make the windows not to use mcupdate_genuineintel.dll since v99 is higher than v21, so there is no need to delete mcupdate_genuineintel.dll to use the mainboard mcode, but thats theoritical. if you want to test it, here u go:
cpu306C3_plat32_ver00000099_2013-01-21_PRD_4F685C3D.rar (16.2 KB)

I don’t care much about haswell cpus, I just want to make my h97m-e motherboard support a Xeon E3-1285L v4 (or even the not L version), or in general the LGA1150 Broadwell Xeons.

well thats a hit and miss, but usually it should go and support it ig, well at least in this case unlisted xeons cpu on asus lga 1155 board could do xeon just fine

Well, as for the “hit and miss”, I don’t want to waste money on a cpu that won’t be supported, because if I buy it and the motherboard won’t POST, how I know if it is because of the lack of support or because the cpu would be defective? At least if I know that the correct CPU microcode is injected in the UEFI, I’d be more sure that the reason can’t be the motherboard.
Anyway, what does it mean “ig” ?
Thanks.

Well my friend to avoid that… you need to hear from some one who already tried those Xeons on the same motherboard model.
Besides we having tne mcode on the bios and seeing other Broadwell cpus listed in their list of supported motherboard cpus, only a user with same adventure can give you a word of assurance on such matter, agree?

EDIT: What im trying to say is that even with a missing mcode or updated mcode the board can or cannot work with it… by OEM board design/restrictions/locks… etc.

Yeah, I completely agree, of course. Unluckily I didn’t find anyone that tried that, so at least I would try a way modifying (or updating) the original latest bios with the a microcode (the latest if possible) with those cpus included.
Anyway thank you for your answers, I really appreciated in any case.