Asus K55vd BIOS re-flash issue with CH341A

My Asus K55VD bios got corrupted, as it wouldn’t POST only the LED lights and fan would run.I have decided to RE-flash the bios chip using CH341a programmer.Now the issue is that Bios on Asus are not available in .BIN OR .ROM files instead they are AMI Aptio Capsules which the software on the programmer wouldn’t read. Can some one help me how to extract bios bin file from this or does anyone have a back up BIOS file (in .BIN format) from asus K55vd model and send it to me so i can revive my laptop ?

Your kind help is much appreciated.

Link to Asus Offical bios for my laptop:

https://www.asus.com/ae-en/Laptops/K55VD/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Bios file from asus official site only contain bios region ,it does’t contain MEI ,GBE ,…etc , its size about 6m.
So you need backup old data from bios chip by SPI hardware programer ,you need its header to create a complete bios file(size 8m) ,you can use any hex editor to package them.
The premise is ,this MEI region is normal ,didn’t damage.

Of course ,if you can get dump bos from other the same model laptop ,it is best.

Problem is my old chip is corrupted and the programmer is unable to read anything of it. Even though i was able to erase it. Now i have got the .bin bios file of the same model from another source, which contains all the info MEI, GBE etc. and is of 8mb but when i try to program it to the chip it returns an error code : 255

I am using CH341a (Black version). and the software version is 1.29. The chip is soldered on the board and I am using a clamp connector to connect it ch341a programmer.

Further, my bios chip is MXIC MX25L6445E M21-10G

If you can ,desoldering chip from mainboard ie better ,i think .

Maybe you can check bios size ,is it 8388608byte or larger??

I already checked its 8MB. Looks like i might have to desolder it.

164133xg2tn48zp2boe8vl.jpg.thumb.jpg

Yes, please provide your email address, I will send it to you, I am in China

Thanks. I have send you the PM.

Hey man !
I have the same laptop and it failed to update bios , and now it has no bios .
Im thinking of using the same programmer to flash the bios .
Can you help me out with finding the bios on the motherboard and finding the right version to flash ?

@Obada - you have to "tag" the users you are wanting to answer your message, so they at least get a PM and hopefully email notification that you asked them a question
Use @ followed directly by their username like I did for you above, and it has to be same spelling and upper/lower case as you see on their name here on page or it wont work.

@Lost_N_BIOS i can’t see his name!!

@Obada - Who’s name, what post #? The user name is shown on the left side of each post here, and all users/posts I see show a username same as yours and mine does?