Asus M4A77D - BIOS module confusion

I’ve read through the various posts for AMI bios’s and updating the chipset module rom. Here is the part I am having trouble understanding: In windows the Device ID, as reported under the driver details -> Hardware ID’s is DEV_4391. But when I open the BIOS file with MMTOOL, the only PCI Option ROM with VendorID 1002 (AMD) shows a deviceID of 4392. What gives??? 4391 is the AHCI driver/rom - which is what windows sees, but 4392 is the RAID rom? Why the discrepancy?

The bios version I am playing with is 2201, the last version asus released.

@ motocrossmann:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

You should look for the HardwareIDs of the AMD SATA Controller, which is listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager.

Since I haven’t found any DEV_4391 OEOM module within your BIOS either, I can confirm this.

Until know I don’t have any idea. Your system either doesn’t support the AHCI mode or doesn’t need a separate DEV_4391 OROM.
Under Windows XP the AMD SATA Controller is named "AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller".
Questions:
1. Which is the OS you are running?
2. Which are the HardwareIDs of your AMD SATA Controller shown by the Device Manager?
3. Which SATA settings are possible within the BIOS?

Regards
Fernando

Thank you Fernando! I appreciate the help! See below.

Windows 7 x64

In Device Manager, under the HardwareID section for "AMD SATA Controller", I see the following:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391&SUBSYS_83891043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391&SUBSYS_83891043
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391&CC_0106

SATA, AHCI and RAID (It is currently set to AHCI)

@ motocrossmann:

Thanks for the reply, which verifies, that everything is fine with your system, although the BIOS doesn’t contain an AMD AHCI ROM module.
So there is nothing to worry about (unless you realize a long boot delay caused by the initialisation of the AMD AHCI Controller).

So if I mod the BIOS to include the latest AMD ROM, I should use the one that matches the existing AMD ROM, correct? (4392)

Yes, but I am not sure, that your system will have any benefit of the insertion.