ASUS Maximus / Intel 750 sudden faillure?

Hey guys. I’ve been running an intel 750 PCIE in an asus maximus v extreme for a while now, a BIOS mod learned from this forum was required for operation, but it’s been running fine since that was done. The other day I removed my PCIE GPU to give to someone, and when I went to boot again the 750 was no longer functioning. I didn’t touch the 750 physically at all, but before booting I did have to clear CMOS and power on / off a number of times to refill the water loop. Water didn’t get out anywhere so I’m wondering what could have happened. 750 doesn’t light up, BIOS recognizing a card at x4 in the slot but doesn’t seem to know what it is, doesn’t matter which slot I use same deal. This MB features dual bios, I thought maybe it selected another itself, but same problem in both. So maybe water did get out?

@beginner :
Maybe clearing CMOS has caused your current problems. You have to reset your previous specific BIOS settings, especially regarding the LEGACY/UEFI mode of booting.

P.S.: I have moved this thread into the “Solid State Drives” Sub-Forum, because I don’t see any correlation between your problem and the BIOS Modding.

Thanks mate, yeah I had to redo all the bios settings but unfortunately the 750 doesn’t appear as a bootable source anymore. Really starting to look like the drive has gone bad