Asus P5G43T-M Pro - AHCI but no AHCI OROM?

As the title states, this motherboard has an AHCI option in the BIOS, but opening the BIOS in MMTOOL shows me no AHCI OROM? The only Intel device is 8086:2E22 which I’m pretty sure is the VGA OROM.

Does anyone have any idea?

The link to the bios:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock…-M-PRO-0601.zip

Thanks

It’s not using one, there’s Atheros PXE, Intel VGA & JMicron RAID.

According to ASUS your mainboard has an Intel ICH10 Southbridge and not an ICH10R one, which would fully support the AHCI features.
That is why I suspect, that your mainboard may be able to run the Intel SATA ports in AHCI mode, but neither Intel nor ASUS have been interested in supporting this option (None of Intel’s RST drivers do natively support an Intel ICH10 SATA AHCI Controller).
What you can try to do is to insert the latest Intel AHCI ROM module 1.20E into the BIOS and to install a modded Intel RST driver, which supports your Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

No, my point is that AHCI is indeed enabled in the BIOS and working. If you open the BIOS up in PBE you can see the option “Configure SATA As” and indeed you can choose between AHCI and SATA in the BIOS.

In Windows, the AHCI controller shows up as “8086_3A22” which is ICH10R, but the question is, why isn’t the OROM present when I open the file up in MMTOOL?

Actual Intel SATA AHCI Controllers do not need an Intel AHCI ROM module within the BIOS.
Older Intel SATA AHCI Controllers may work without an AHCI ROM as well, but the intialization of the AHCI Controller may take a long time. If this is the case with your system, I would insert the Intel AHCI ROM v1.20E and maybe it will have the desired effect (quick booting).

Ok that explains it!

There are no problems at all with the bootup, everything works perfectly.

Thanks.