Asus P5LD2 mod Request

Hi there good people and Happy New Year,

looking for a BIOS mod request of bios of Asus P5LD2 that will support Wolfdale C0, M0 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E8500. I am attaching the bios chip content.

The board actually starts with this CPU but I am getting error: Intel CPU ucode loading error Press f1 to resume. If You press f1 nothing happens, if You pressed dell before the error when you press f1 i can get into the bios and the CPU is recognized.
I tried to modify the bios using mmtool and upgraded all microcodes and added the microcode for cpu E8500 but the error remains. What i am doing wrong?

old.zip (425 KB)

Untitled.png

new.zip (425 KB)

I think that e8500 have a cpuid 1067A, you need update this microcode in your bios…

Double check cpuid and platform numbers.If you are adding one extra you may need to subtract one aswell.sometimes change in the file size may cause problems.dont forget to reset cmos

Not sure which revision of the board. According to this link asus.com/us/supportonly/P5LD2/HelpDesk_CPU/ , the board only supports Conroe CPUs from revision 2.01G or up. For Wolfdale CPUs, well, I don’t have much say on it. Some board may actually boot up with a Wolfdale CPU and work ok while having some limitation,like having multiplier stuck at 6.

If you are using the old revision of the board, you may need to do some CPU pin/pad mod. Have a look here xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?285832-Core2-Duo-on-unfriendly-(Pentium-D-only)-MoBo , note that this has nothing to do with BIOS modding, only hard modding.

If you are in the above situation, you will probably need some tape and conductive ink. I would use kapton tape for this. Electrically insulating, heat tolerant and thin enough for padding LGA CPUs.

Hopefully it will mitigate the error. I cannot promise.