ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo Intel Raid OROM Mod

Hello,

I’m about to mod the latest bios available for the motherboard ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo (ICH10R). By default it comes with an Intel MSM option ROM v8.7.0.1007.

I’m wondering what would be the “best” and preferably the latest OROM i can mod into this bios?, i’m thinking on using the v11.2.0.1527 OROM but maybe it is too modern for a MSM original orom?.

What would be your advice?.

You should search for the latest BIOS at the ASUS support pages.

The question is not, which is the latest available or the best Intel RAID ROM module. According to our BIOS Modding Success/Failure table (look >here<) you will probably not be able to get any Intel RAID ROM version working with your Asus P5Q series mainboard, which is newer (and bigger sized) than v10.1.0.1008.

I was about to post new info since i have been testing.

Yes, v11.2.0.1527 doesn’t work. When the computer boots and needs to load the intel orom i get an error message about not enough space to load the rom bla bla. I tried with deleting the OEM Logo but still the same error, don’t know if deleting other useless modules would help here, if so and is woth a try, any recommendation?.

Later i tried modding with the v10.1.0.1008 since it has a similar size as the original MSM orom and it works.

Any try to solve this problem yourself is useless, because it is caused by the missing BIOS ability to load any bigger sized RAID ROM module. Only the mainboard manufacturer is able to solve this issue.

Actually, the latest Intel RST(e) oROM v14.6.1.2340 is still working well on my two P5Q Premium mobos, which is the top model of the ASUS P5Q product line.

BTW, one mobo is working in AHCI mode while the other is in RAID5.