ASUS P5QD TURBO

Hi guys

my system :asus p5qd turbo,p45 express chipset,0301 bios,pci rom 8086:2822,option rom v 8.7.0.1007

I’d like use 2 ssd raid0 array with enable trim fonction

What I have to do ?

Many thanks for help.

@ crabalu:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

My advice is to do the following:

1. Replace the Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.7.0.1007 of your BIOS by the “TRIM modded” Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 (you can find it >here<).
  2. Flash this modded BIOS into the BIOS chip of your mainboard (having an USB flash drive with the original BIOS prepared for an emergency case).
  3. If everything works fine (inclusive the Intel RAID Utility v10.1.0.1008) and you are courageous enough, you can try to update the Intel RAID ROM to the “TRIM modded” Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527, which would be the best option for your system (together with the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006).

Good luck!
Fernando

Hi,

it would be nice if you can post informations in case it works, since i got the same board and am still struggling to get TRIM working.

Greetings,

Voigoth

With TRIM modded RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 / RST driver v11.2.0.1006 combo, I have checked it trim check tool and trim works on this board with SSD RAID0.

Hello,

some years ago I modded the ASUS P5QD Turbo board with Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008. The board is only used in AHCI mode.
Meaning: I can confirm that flashing with mentioned rom works.

@ crabalu:

Another proof can be found within >this< BIOS Modding Result table.
Back side of the listed results: The Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 seems to be the latest one, which can be properly inserted into the BIOS of an ASUS P5QD Turbo.

Another proof can be found within >this< BIOS Modding Result table.
Back side of the listed results: The Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 seems to be the latest one, which can be properly inserted into the BIOS of an ASUS P5QD Turbo.

Yes correct! All roms after Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 are too big (in size) to insert in bios for this mobo. Flashing works but a bricked bios will ALLWAYS be the result.