ASUS P5W-DH and DFI DK P45 BIOS Update

Hi Fernando,
I must start saying tank you for your work on BIOS and driver modding.
I’m facing troubles updating my ORom and sata rom in three different BIOS:

P5W-DH-Deluxe: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock…Deluxe-3002.zip
In MMTool this BIOS shows three different Option ROM voices and i can’t identify the AHCI rom and jmb363 row.

DFI DK P45 T2RS PLUS: http://lp.dfi.com/Upload/BIOS/CM/D45PD527.zip
DFI DK X48 T2RS: http://lp.dfi.com/Upload/BIOS/CM/X48DD311.zip
Those BIOSes shows an ISA orom, can I’update them with a PCI info file? For the ACHI module, should I rename my bin file to match the bios voice?

Thx in advance.

EDIT: I’ve replaced the 8086 P5W module like this:

Is it right? Now what for jmb and sata rom?

EDIT by Fernando: Titel changed and all related posts moved into the new thread

@ prazola:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This BIOS doesn’t contain any AHCI Option ROM module.
These are the 3 Option ROM modules:

1. Intel MSM RAID ROM module v5.1.2.1002 for "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controllers" = DeviceID: DEV_27C3
  2. JMicron RAID ROM v1.06.64 for "JMicron PCIE-to-SATAII/IDE RAID Controller" = DeviceID: DEV_2363 and
  3. Marvell Yukon LAN ROM for the "Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller" = DeviceID: DEV_4362

There is nothing, which I would try to update regarding both BIOSes.

As I said: There is no AHCI module inside the ASUS BIOS.

Regards
Fernando

So I can update raid rom to MSM 8.9.1.1002, Jmicron RAID ROM to 1.08 and Marvel controlle to ____ ?

Zitat von Fernando im Beitrag #2

There is nothing, which I would try to update regarding both BIOSes.

Really nothing to do on these bios? Maybe I can extract ISA module from an updated BIOS if I’ll find one?

EDIT: MSM 8.9.1.1002 doesn’t support P5W-dh-deluxe hardware, the BIOS gave me an error. What’s the latest update for ich7r, 8.5?
EDIT 2: Every MSM, 8.5 and above, are incompatible with this board.

I do not recommend to update the Intel MSM RAID ROM v5.1.2.1002 to any MSM RAID ROM v8.9.x.xxxx, because the Intel MSM ROM of your BIOS has been designed for the Intel !CH7R SATA Controller (DEV_27C3), whereas all Intel MSM ROMs v8.x.x.xxx and up are primarily designed for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers.
By the way: Is this ASUS board running in RAID mode? If not, there is no need for an update, because the Intel RAID ROM is not used at all.

After having opened the BIOS D45PDM527.BIN, extracted the ISA ROM named AHCI_ROM.BIN and opened it with an Hex Editor, I have realized, that it is the Phoenix AHCI Option ROM v01.05.94 dated 03/14/2008. I doubt, that you will find any newer Phoenix AHCI ROM module.
Since I don’t have the needed time, I didn’t check the other DFI BIOS file.

Ok, thank you Fernando. By the way, problem solved for p5w, BIOS bricked after last flash, no post, no recovery. Probably I’ll buy a new chip.

So DFI can’t get more than Intel Matrix Storage ROM 7.5?

That is a pity. Why didn’t you wait until I answered your questions?

Why do you think that? I found the Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.5.0.1030 within the DFI DK P45 BIOS and believe, that it is possible to update it to RST v10.1.0.1008, maybe even to v11.2.0.1527.
Nevertheless I repeat my question: Do you or someone else use RAID at all with any of the 3 mainboards? Why did you only ask for an update of the AHCI ROM module?
An update of the AHCI ROM module is impossible, an update of the RAID ROM module wouldn’t make any sense, if the SATA Controller has been set to IDE or AHCI.

The problem wasn’t the bad BIOS file, I was flashing the original back and EZ Flash freezed.

Yes, I use RAID 0 on these motherboards, HDD, not SSD. One build with two WD10EADS, the other one is more funny: two 500GB HD, the first 3.5’’, the second 2.5’’. (they have almost the same performances and latency).
These RAID runs very good on Linux but are slower under Windows. So I was looking for the best combination of orom and intel drivers/utility.