ASUS P6T SE with 10.1.0.1008 OROM driver recommendation

Hi!

Thanks to this forum I successfully updated my Asus P6T SE with new option ROM. (my previous was v 8.0.0.1038 -> now I have 10.1.0.1008 (biggest I can fit to my mobo)).

Now the question is what is the best driver I should use on my setup ? (win 7, 4xhd322hj samsung 320gb drives in raid10). Right now I have instaled the newest from intel website (12.9.0.1001).

@ scav:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 will be a good alternative and matches better your Intel RST RAID ROM module v10.1.0.1008.

Regards
Fernando

thanks for answer. What is the difference between these two ? ( v11.2.0.1006 vs 12.9.0.1001 driver)

p.s. do you know maybe when can I find change log to OROMs ?

The main difference is, that the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 belongs to the "conventional" Intel AHCI and RAID driver development branch (like the Intel RAID ROM module v10.1.0.1008), which neither needs nor uses the additional SCSI filter driver iaStorF.sys. Since the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 is the latest (and probably best) "pure" RST driver, I recommend to use it with ICH7-10 Southbridge systems.

I have never seen a changelog for Intel OROM modules.

Does it mean that "additional SCSI filter driver iaStorF.sys" is something undesirable? Does it affects performance ? What are the disadvantages?

The actual Intel RST(e) drivers with the additional SCSI filter driver have been developed for actual Intel chippsets and not for the older ones. Additionally it is recommended by Intel to use a RAID driver version, which comes from the same or similar development branch as the Intel RAID ROM module, which is within the BIOS.

Okey,

So I want to uninstall my current driver and instal this which you recommended should I use any special procedure to uninstall it from windows 7?

Please read the chapter "Switching from Intel RST to RST(e) drivers and vice versa", which you can find within the start post of >this< thread.

SCAV can send me Bios P6T SE witch 10.1.0.1008 OROM ??
I need a raid with 3 disks 3tb THANKS!!

Sorry I speak little English forgive

@ iblis1981:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want help from SCAV, you should better send him a PM.

The Intel RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 is not able to detect >2 TB sized RAID volumes. You will need an Intel RAID ROM v10.5 or higher.

Regards
Fernando

Thanks Fernando!!
I found a bios with INTEL RAID 12.0, but does not work!

What does not work and which Intel RAID ROM v12 version did you try?

Yes, but when configuring RAID in the BIOS. It hangs, do not enter the INTEL OROM and does not recognize the disks. Screen is " _ " (Only)
This is the address where the BIOS find:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asus/52589-p…aid-0-trim.html

@ iblis1981:
Thanks for your quick reply.
Although you didn’t succeed with the inserted Intel RST(e) RAID ROM_v12.6.0.1867, it seems possible for me, that your system can use an Intel RAID ROM, which will support TRIM in RAID0 and > 2 TB sized RAID volumes (v10.5.1.1070 or v11.2.0.1527).
I just tried to insert the Intel RST v11.2.0.1527 into the latest BIOS for your mainboard and didn’t get any space problem message. Nevertheless it may be needed to remove the JMicron RAID ROM module for a proper Intel RAID Controller function.
Question: Do you currently use the JMicron port(s) of your mainboard? If yes, what is connected?

Thanks for helping
I do not use, I have always disabled
Fernando is a Spanish name. You speak Spanish?
I’m using google translate

@ iblis1981:
I have sent you a PM. Please give me your feedback via PM as well.

Just a little bit. I am German, but am very often in Spain at the Costa Blanca (near the localisation, where I took the picture, which is on my Portal site).