Asus P9D-I moded BIOS flashing

Hello,

First I would like to say thanks to community for these nice forums.
And to the point - I have Asus P9D-I mobo. I moded it but I cannot find proper way to flash the moded bios. Tried fpt.exe and afudos.exe. What is the recommended tool/version to achieve this?

Regards

The FPT tool is based on the ME FW version, in this model the SPS 3.xx.
The access to bios region, at least, must be unlocked for writting operations.
Some motherboards have a jumper for ME service, enabling the access.
Also a dump with this tool/other method, is advisable for safe keeping an spi/regions backup before flashing mods.

But better read some posts…
[request] Modded bios for Tyan S5533 MoBo - Important Drivers / General: Storage Drivers (AHCI/RAID, NVMe and USB) - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[request] Modded bios for Tyan S5533 MoBo - Important Drivers / General: Storage Drivers (AHCI/RAID, NVMe and USB) - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

etc…

Thank you for your fast and useful answer! I will read your recommendations and post the result.
Regards

Make a complete firmware image, transfer your settings (GbE, FD44…). The chip is socketed, order a chip and a CH341 programmer, this way you have the old chip as backup, too.

SPS3 tools are hard to find, fpt from ME v9 might work but just once after a reboot and will overwrite board specific info.

What did you mod?

Just added nvme support. If I don’t succeed with flashing I’d rather go Clover way.

Well, there’s a service jumper for updating ME/SPS, but I don’t know if this will unlock the bios region. If flashing the bios region or firmware with fpt or CH341 you should work on a dump from your own machine.

CH341 is less than $10, an extra chip would cost some $ in addition, could be helpful for other projects, too…