ASUS P9X79LE updated BIOS with NVMe support

So I just finished my own BIOS after spending the day searching around for adding NVMe support to my motherboard. Turns out I could get additional features into the BIOS, and I ended up with updating alot of the modules, including adding Ivy-bridge E support to my motherboard! (I currently run 3930k aka Sandy Bridge-E)

But naturally, I am afraid of bricking my motherboard. I have followed all the steps but just to be sure I will get approval from some experts before I flash it.

Full update list:
Added NVMe support
Updated microcode for Sandy-E and added Ivy-E microcode
Updated LAN OROM
Updated RST and EFI SataDriver

ASUS.zip (4.68 MB)

@Mysilangelo :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The NVMe EFI module seems to be properly inserted.

Questions:
1. Why did you update the Intel RAID BIOS modules at all? Are you running the Intel SATA Controller in RAID mode?
2. Why did you update the Intel RST RAID modules to v12.7.5.1988? Which Intel RAID driver version are you using or going to use?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I know this reasoning sounds stupid, but I updated it because I want to have everything updated. Is there any harm in upgrading / replacing it?

Not really. As long as you are running your Intel SATA Controller in AHCI or IDE mode, the Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules of the BIOS will not be used anyway, but if you ever should create a RAID array, you will not really benefit from the updated Intel RAID BIOS modules v12.7.x.xxxx, because the best Intel RAID drivers do not match them.

Then which ones are the best? :slight_smile:

You can find the Intel AHCI/RAID drivers and RAID BIOS module versions, which I recommend for X79 chipset systems, within the start post of >this< thread.

"Intel RST(e) drivers v13.1.0.1058 WHQL dated 05/28/2014
Recommended for Intel 7-Series Chipset Desktop systems and for X79/X99 Chipset systems, usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 (32/64bit) up.
Best matching Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI “RaidDriver” BIOS modules: v13.1.0.2126"

I chose those two versions based on the post. Thanks for your help.

Also, before I flash it, from what I’ve understood the ASUS motherboards has their dedicated flashing USB port. This skips the computer components and can directly flash with only the motherboard. So is that kind of an “insurance” if it turns out that I made a mistake when building my BIOS?

No, the “USB Flashback” feature allows you to flash a modded BIOS, but it may not prevent a problem, if you have done something wrong while modifying the BIOS.

Soooo after some research I’ve think I’ve chosen the good versions now, could you verfiy if this is good looking?

ASUS possibly final.zip (4.69 MB)

Did this ever end up working for you?

I also have the P9X79-LE and would love to get NVMe working on this. I have the SM951 in a PCIe slot adapter. Win 10 sees it, but says I can’t install to it.

Cheers!

You may need to message the user directly so they get an email notification, or add @Mysilangelo I think they get email from being tagged too unless disabled.
Hopefully that tagging I put will get Mysilangelo in here to reply, if he sees the email, to let you know if the BIOS flashed OK or not.

Hi, Geekomatic!
I am sorry, I have exactly the same main board and the error message while installing Win 10. Did you happen to find out what is the reason and is there any way to make the PCIe-in-card bootable?
Thank you!!

Thank you!! I did exactly what you said referring to the link you provided
https://www.overclock.net/forum/167-inte…-pro-board.html
My main issue why I could not install the Win10 in the first place is that I forgot to change the USB flash installation Win10 from MBR to GPT.
Since then everything went flawless!
Thank you!

Thank you!! I did exactly what you said referring to the link you provided
https://www.overclock.net/forum/167-inte…-pro-board.html
My main issue why I could not install the Win10 in the first place is that I forgot to change the USB flash installation Win10 from MBR to GPT.
Since then everything went flawless!
Thank you!