Asus PRIME B250M-A BIOS Problem

I was working on my Nephews pc today…He told me yesterday he was getting a lot of blue screens in the past couple days so I decided to check it out.I went into the bios and found the the bios is not the latest one.The latest one from Asus is version 0615/2017/06/09 and in the bios it shows 0808 x64/06/16/2017.For that motherboard there is no 808 version of bios.Is it possible a virus of some sort changed the bios to this 808 version.Now every time you boot the computer a grey screen pops up saying please select boot device and the Kingston ssd is selected then the windows boot manager comes up with his 3 operating windows 10 selections on it,pick any one and them everything boots normally.I know for a fact last week Saturday I flashed his bios with 615 latest bios and after successful flash,I went into the bios to tweak memory and check other things it showed bios ver 615.What the hell would change the bios and put this 808 on.I can not even re-flash with 615 today,it said bios version is incompatible.Anyone know what this might be and how I could fix this…Any info appreciated…