Asus Q670 Intel ME firmware downgrade to enable KVM on VNC Port 5900 and non-TLS connections, like in earlier versions of this BIOS

Hi,

for my Asus Q670 board, I need to downgrade the Intel ME firmware to the oldest one available for this bios, which is Version 16.0.15.1735V1.1_Q, while keeping the rest of the bios at the latest Version, as only the latest one supports the latest CPU and RAM.

All the BIOS files can be downloaded from here:

https://www.asus.com/de/supportonly/pro%20q670m-c-csm/helpdesk_bios/

The problem is that in newer intel ME firmwares, Intel has removed features, that were present in the initial releases. namely the option to connect to intel AMT on less secure non-TLS connections and also to enable KVM via VNC on port 5900.

This was done for security reasons, but this has made it extremely uncomfortable for me to use these features.

As mentioned, I have 14th gen CPU’s that require the latest BIOS version, so I can not just go back to the older BIOS versions to get the full intel ME features back without loosing CU and RAM compatability.

So I’m requesting a modded latest BIOS Pro Q670M-C BIOS 3210, which is currently installed on my board but with the much older Intel AMT Version that came with the first BIOS version which was PRO Q670M-C BIOS 0402.

My board has a ME jumper so it should be possible to flash the ME section only.

Well if has an ME service jumper, i would think that that’s the best option, is to flash the extracted ME region from the older bios version… don’t see any case for “mods” at all, if its all about ME and staying with latest bios version.
Perform full spi(s) backup before any operation as we dont know what else was changed in bios region by Asus due to new config in newer ME.
My POV, you should wait for other users, good luck.