ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI) add HPET option

Hi @genius239 thank you for answering asap.

I cannot flashback your bios, it failed.

1) I downloaded ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING_mu.rar, extracted, and renamed the file to SZ490E.CAP.
2) I inserted a usb-drive to the usb flashback port, formatted to FAT32 and copied the file.
3) I turned off the computer, and kept pushing the flashback buttom untill it started blinking. I released it, and after 2-3 seconds it stopped blinking (always turned on)

I tried several times, same results. At the moment I have latest original version installed, which is newer than yours.

I also tried flashing it from the bios, it says invalid bios (and that’s because it’s modified, I suppose)

Please let me know your opinion about this.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Ok I troubleshot it… You need a usb-stick with MBR (legacy) type of partitions, and not GPT.

Stard command line:

diskpart
list disk
select disk #
clean
convert mbr
create partition primary
format fs=fat32 quick
active
assign
exit

@Legend35

1. Sorry for the delay reply, because i’m not often stay this forum. I’m glad that you can found correct way to re-flash the mod ,could you tell me the mod result?

2. I only can found version 2301 bios on ASUS official website ,could you provide a new release? If i’m free i will make a new mod.

The bios worked perfectly, I could disable HPET. But my motherboard, bought on Amazon Wharehouse, has a faulty LAN. Doesn’t work, it’s 100% dead. So I am returning it for another one…

Hi dear, Asus updated the Z490 line with new BIOSes…

I own a Z490-F, could you repeat your mod for this new bios? https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-st…l/helpdesk_bios

Thank you very much, let me know!

Up :slight_smile: gonna donate again ! :slight_smile:

Hiii.

Could you make the same mod for ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (Non Wi-fi)???
The latest bios is: Aqui(https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-Z490-G-GAMING-ASUS-2403.ZIP)

Please :heart:

Please visit here again ,i have added modification you need.

Omg. Thank y so much brother :heart:

@Genie239 Hello :slight_smile:

I also have the Asus rog strix z490e gaming. Unfortunately, I can’t see the HPET either… now I’ve seen that you can decode it. Unfortunately, the downloads for the specified bios versions do not work on the website “Unlocked HPET option for ASUS Z490 & Z590 Series motherboard. | 239's blog

would it be possible to fix this? I would be more than grateful to them.

Kind regards and thank you very much.