ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Question - correct OROM version?

Hi,

I want to flash my mainboard ASUS Sabertooth Z77 with the latest BIOS (version 2104). Is OROM 13.1.0.2030 and Intel RST Driver 13.0.0.1072 for Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit and Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (multi-boot system) the best choice?

I know the OROM threads here and @ overclock.net, but I ‘bricked’ my old ASUS Mainboard so I ask before I try it. I only use a RAID 1.
There are so many versions out there and I’m a little bit unsure, sorry.

Thanks.

Regards,
OROM

@ OROM:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since each system and the users preferences are different, there is no "best" OROM/driver choice, which is valid for everyone.
My personal opinion:
As long as Intel has not released any final AHCI/RAID driver of the RST(e) v13 series, I do not really recommend to flash the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2030.
So if I were you, I would flash the Intel RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936 and use either the Intel RAID driver v12.8.10.1005 or v12.9.0.1001.

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Flash works great, for your information:

Intel RAID ROM 11.0.0.1339 to 13.1.0.2030 - no problems, faster booting and keeps the old RAID 1
Intel RAID ROM 11.0.0.1339 to 12.7.0.1936 - no problems, faster booting and keeps the old RAID 1

But I have a other problem. I have a Western Digital WD1000DHTZ Velociraptor 1TB connected to the ASMedia ASM1061 chip, this speeds should I get:

And these are my speeds:

I’m sure it’s because the ASMedia ASM1061 chip has not up-to-date firmware (source Google & overclocking.net). I use a high quality SATA 6 cable. The chip is usually very fast, Benchmark here: http://www.tomshardware.de/ssd-motherboa…e-241308-4.html

Can someone here please tell me how I can update / flash the chip for better speeds?
I know how to modify a BIOS file, but I don’t know what file I need to replace and where I can get the new firmware…

The problem is, that ASMedia doesn’t do much to support their SATA3 Controllers by newer/better OROMs/Firmware/Drivers.
Tha latest really working ASMedia 106x OROM is v0.954 and the use of the latest ASMedia 106x AHCI drivers v2.0.4.0/2.0.3.0 dated November 2013 is not really recommended (look >here<).

I tried this, thanks. There was no change after installing the WQHL driver and flash the BIOS + new OROM + ASMedia Firmware. So I think I change the SATA port of the HDD (ASMedia to Z77 chipset).
Can I get problems when I change the SATA port of the HDD? First, I would uninstall the ASMedia driver and then change the BIOS boot priorities. It’s a single HDD (no RAID), but because my computer is a multi-boot system the SATA modus is ‘RAID’.

That is a good idea.

You will not get any problem, because the appropriate Intel RAID driver is already running.

I changed the SATA port now. Unfortunately, the speed has not increased, I don’t know why. It is possible that the SATA mode ‘RAID’ pulls the speed down?

And I have another questions - sry - when will be a WHQL version of Intel RST 13.X released?

Usually not.

Only Intel is able to give the correct answer, but I expect new Intel RST(e) drivers v13 very soon.