ASUS X99 Deluxe II Resizable Bar Mod and updates

Okay, so I got it done and here it is for anyone who wants to try it.

After installation, disable CSM and enable the above 4g decoding.
If CSM is enabled reset the bios as it results in a black screen.
Once to Windows you need to run rebarstate.exe and set it to 32.

This is tested to work up to 16GB for a 3090.
Bios is 2101 with UBU updates and Resizebar.ffs, patched for mac OS also. NVRAM whitelist.
Working on Windows 10/11, Ubuntu, Mac OS Big Sur.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Great, work well on my computer. (use asus usb flashback to flash this modifed bios)

Working like a charm, thank you!
I wish there was a bios that supported bifurcate. :relieved:
@dragonsun252 dragonsun25

There is Asus just changed the name. It’s called hyper kit mode. Turn on bifurcation for 4x nvme via PCIe.

Yes I did that.
But unfortunately i have a asus Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2 with 4 nvme drive in it but only see 1 piece.
I did this davidm71 guide:

But unfortunately still no luck, only see just one piece ssd.
But it’s okay, I’m starting to let go.

Modding the bios may not be enough for this V2…

[Motherboard] Compatibility of PCIE bifurcation between Hyper M.2 series Cards and Add-On Graphic Cards | Official Support | ASUS Global

And do you think it can be work with the V1 version? Or with another brand quad or duo nvme expansion card?

Oh i see what you linked. It’s just the official asus site.
I know the bifurcation officially not supported on x99 board.
But i read on this forum another threads many people can manage to work.
Unfortunately I have no luck :frowning:

What i suspect is the V2 version… we’ve seen a lot of success users but with V1, sincerely i don’t know the internal design specs changes between the 2 versions, besides both being PCIe3.0x16. The BIF lane is still needed of course.
And keep in mind that this usually can only be done in the 1rst or 2nd x16 slot, if i can recall correctly…
Im not a X99 or Hyper M.2 v1/V2 user and can’t pass to you any personal experience of such set, this is only my pov.

Hi there, I got it working on my X99 Deluxe II but not via BIOS mod (still working on that)

Following David’s guide, I applied the RU settings changes via EFI Shell, the addresses to mod for PCIe16_3 (4th slot) IOU0 are 0x533 0x534 0x535 0x536, set them from FF to 00
My Quad m.2 running RAID0 in Windows