asus z77m pro - with engineering sample

longterm lerker, first time poster.

I have a asus z77m pro board that works fine with a 2500 but will not boot with a 2500k ES.(the 2500k es works fine on another pc - a asrock p67 pro)

Ive tried using ubu to update the microcodes on the z77 board but still the same result. even tried the oldest and lastest bios from asus,
Is there any way around this?

any ideas would be great - thanks

@ datfreak:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I cannot help you, but hopefully you will get support by someone else.

Regards
Fernando

You could try to find a microcode module for your ES inside the P67’s BIOS and transfer it to the Z77 using MMTool.

thanks for the idea.
the p67 bios was easy for mmtool
but with the z77 bios, when cpu patch is clicked it caused mmtool to crash.

ASUS usually includes multiple modules - whatever the reason may be - with the same GUID representing the microcode package, but most of them are not readable.

You can temporarily delete the bad ones and MMTool won’t crash anymore. Search the first few modules of the each volume for a GUID starting with 17088572 and delete it. Afterwards open the microcode tab. If it doesn’t crash, note the volume where the functional module sits, do your modifications, and export it. Finally open a new unmodified BIOS and replace the old module in the right volume with your custom one.

Probably you can just delete the bad modules, but I prefer this way to keep the BIOS as untouched as possible.