ASUS Z87M-PLUS motherboard-XP(32)bit-Intel-RST-problem

Hello Fernando,
Today, 10-apr-2014, I have joined WIN-RAID forum
First of all I wish to thank you for your fine job in modding RST drivers, so computers with newest intel chipsets motherboards can be installed with windows xp(32bit)
I have used your Intel_RapidStorage_11.2.0.1006_modded driver with success (drivers integrated in XP CD with nlite)
I have also used Bart-PE and successfuly integrated your modded drivers - all working fine as well
A few weeks ago I have installed xp on ASUS H87M-E and hard disk(s) were recognized, o.k.
Now I have encountered a problem with ASUS Z87M-PLUS motherboard - and hard disk(s) not recognized
Can you please help with this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,

@ espace13:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

H87 and Z87 mainboards may have a different Intel SATA AHCI Controller (with another DeviceID).
Which one of the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controllers did you choose during the textmode driver integration procedure of nLite?

Regards
Fernando

EDIT: Since your problem belongs to the topic “Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a Windows XP CD”, I suggest to move your and my post into >this< thread.

Hello Fernando,
Thaks for fast reply, but sorry, I am not sure I understand your question:
Which one of the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controllers did you choose during the textmode driver integration procedure of nLite?
When I was integrating your modified Intel drivers I have clicked on iaAHCI.inf and in nLite I have selected Textmode driver
Regards,
espace

Hello Fernando,
sorry, regarding your suggestion, I have forgotten how to move it to:
h-t-t-p://www.win-raid.com/t22f23-Integration-…dows-XP-CD.html
Please advice-thanks,
Regards
espace

If you integrate a TEXTMODE driver (has a file named txtsetup.oem), you get a separate textmode driver popup window and you are asked, which of the listed Intel SATA Controllers should be supported. If you shouldn’t have gotten this popup window, you haven’t integrate the textmode driver correctly.
My question was: Which Controller did you highlight, when you got the textmode driver popup window?

Meanwhile I have moved the thread into the "Intel AHCI/RAID Drivers" Sub-Forum.

Hello Fernando,
1. thanks for moving this thread into the "Intel AHCI/RAID Drivers" Sub-Forum.
2. I have integrated a TEXTMODE driver (using txtsetup.oem)
3. In pop-up window I have selected ALL listed Intel SATA Controllers
Regards,
espace

That was not a good idea.
Only one of the following Controllers is the correct one for your Z87 system:

• “Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)”
  • "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C02 (added by Fernando)"

If you don’t know the DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, you may repeat the nLite procedure and highlight just these 2 Controllers.

Hello Fernando,
OK-thanks, I understand - I will try as You suggest
Though I have a question:
Why is not a good idea the way I did it? I thought that the op.sys. is ‘inteligent’ enough to figure out by itself which controller is on real harware based on all hardware id-s
thanks,
Regards
espace

The OS hardware detection is able to find out the correct HardwareIDs of the on-board Controllers, but at that stage of the OS installation, when the Setup hasn’t yet copied any files onto the system drive, the hardware detection of the OS is not active at all. The detection of the hardware and installation of the suitable drivers happens after the first reboot, that means after the OS image files have been copied onto the system drive you have chosen.

Hello Fernando,
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation - now it is clear to me
Regards,
espace

Hello Fernando,
Sorry to bother you again:
I have checked my BartPE CD which was created with your modified drivers
I have checked the file TXTSETUP.SIF
And in this file there are among other this lines:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&CC_0104="iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_282A&CC_0104="iaStor"

so I still do not understand why on ASUS Z87M-PLUS disks are not recognized?
attached is file/picture of ASUS-Z87M-PLUS-WIN7-ID
Any idea?
Thanks for your consideration
Regards,
espace

ASUS-Z87M-PLUS-WIN7-ID.JPG

@ espace13:

The DeviceID of the Intel 8-Series Desktop SATA Controllers depends on the SATA mode they are running (has to be set within the BIOS):

• a) If the Intel SATA ports are running in “RAID” mode, the DeviceID is DEV_2822 (sometimes shown as DEV_282A).
  • b) If they have been set to “AHCI” within the BIOS, the DeviceIDs are either DEV_8C02 or DEV_9C02 (depending on the special mainboard).

Hello Fernando,
Thanks for this update
I have (re)checked the file TXTSETUP.SIF (in BartPE CD)
And in this file there are also among other this lines:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106="iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106="iaStor"

so I still do not understand why disks are not recognized
I have tried both options in BIOS:
1. SATA mode AHCI
2. SATA mode RAID
but in none of the above options disks were not recognized
Regards,
espace

Hello Fernando,
I have forgotten to tell you why I need/use BartPE CD:
I have integrated the following software in my BartPE CD:
1. Acronis True Image 2014
2. minitool partition wizard
above mentioned programs I have sucessfully used to partition disk(s) and also created True Image backups on different systems
and that is primary reason why I would be happy that also ASUS Z87M-PLUS motherboard would be supported
Thanks for your time
Reagards,
espace

Both SATA mode options (“AHCI” and “RAID”) need a differently nLite’d XP CDs.
If you want to install Windows XP in “RAID mode”, you have to choose the listed "“Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller” while integrating the textmode driver, whereas you have to highlight either the listed “Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C02 (added by Fernando)” or the “Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C02 (added by Fernando)”, if the destination drive is running in “AHCI mode”.

Hello Fernando,
Thanks for this explanation for nLite’d XP CDs (different for AHCI and RAID mode)
If I understand you correctly, then I will not be able to create appropriate BartPE CD, since the nature of creating BartPE CD is to add contoller driver
and there is no possibility to specify whether it is for AHCI or for RAID. Is my understanding correct?
Thanks
Regards,
espace

You can write the add on "for Intel 8-Series AHCI systems" or "for Intel 8-Series RAID systems" onto the CD.

Hello Fernando,
I am not sure how to perform what you suggest for BartPE CD:
You can write the add on “for Intel 8-Series AHCI systems” or “for Intel 8-Series RAID systems” onto the CD.
Untill now I used to add controller drivers into:
C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter
When I start PE Builder when all the rest is where it should be, there is option Plugins, but there it does not exist anything that would ‘guide’ me how write add on
Sorry for troubling you, but if you would kindly suggest how I should do it, I would be very happy - thanks in advance
Regards,
espace

I am not able to help you with the creation of the PE Builder, because I don’t have any own experience with it.
All my previous posts applied the creation of a bootable XP CD with integrated textmode driver to get the OS physically installed onto any sytem drive, which is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

Hello Fernando,
Thanks for answering me !

I have previously forgotten to mention, that I was able to boot from my BartPE CD
on a system with ASUS H87M-E motherboard in RAID1 configuration where there was
already installed windows 7 pro, 64 bit, and when I started this BartPE CD
I was able to see one disk since it was in RAID1, and I managed to perform
successfuly Acronis 2014 backup on external USB disk
So my BartPE CD works ok on ASUS H87M-E , but not on ASUS Z87M-PLUS
That is what confuses me
Regards,
espace