ASUS zephyr vbios swap

Would it be possible to swap the 1660 to max q 60 watt vbios with a 80 watt vbios? This system is running a Ryzen 7 3750h so I don’t know what kind of bios protections those have. I’m willing to risk that the vrms aren’t up to the task as the motherboard appears to have high quality components. I would rather have the extra performance. I don’t currently have a bios dump for the laptop as i bought it through a third party and it’s coming in later today but as soon as I get it I will update my post.

you use msi afternurner

Msi afterburner doesn’t help as I’m hitting a hard wall at the 60 watt tdp limit on the GPU. It wouldn’t help to oc it as it isn’t capped by perf but by pwr and vrel

Dump BIOS with AFU, unless you have a flash programmer then old AFUDOS /GAN method would be only way to flash in modified BIOS (I suggest against this, and to order a flash programmer + SOIC8 test clip w/ cable instead)
Once you have dumped BIOS, upload so I can check it out, may be able to directly edit your vBIOS if it’s in BIOS instead of on-card.

I was a dumb person and didn’t think to check with nvflasher. Turns out the vbios is on a separate winbond Chip so I was able to flash the 80 watt Asus tuff 1660 it vbios to it directly just using nvflash -6. It improved maybe 15-20% at stock but now allows higher overclocks. I didn’t think to check before because I have a dell prototype g7 where the max-q vbios is in the main bios.

Great you figured that out and were able to flash vBIOS now

Looks like decent improvement you got too, nice