Audio popping/cracking after Win10 v2004 May update

I’ve seen others have similar popping/cracking sound problems after installing the Windows May 2020 (v2004) update.

Has anyone been able to resolve this or has tried the October 2020 v2009 update?

I’m using the onboard Realtek chip on a Maximus X Hero WiFi mb and have had no sound issues on v1909 and earlier. I’ve also tried various drivers (UAD and non-) on v2004.

Thanks.

Hi howiec,
I have had the same problems, but only in games that use an older API of the DirectSound.
Could you try to launch DPC Latency Checker V1.4.0, and run it in the background?
This fixed the audio pops and cracks for me.

Kind regards Glenn0204.

i blame stupid Microsoft for not allow to manual update Windows 10 and caused so much problems. My kid’s school laptop webcam totally messed up by Windows 10 automatic update because it updates the driver as well. i had to reinstall windows 10 because of that just to fix the webcam problem.

The best thing you can do is go back to the previous version. This is one of the reasons why I avoid automatic updates.

My HP laptop came out of the box with this issue, after a couple updates and it fixed itself.