Bad Intel AHCI Performance - why?

Hey im new to here and i have no clue which drivers to choose and where to install them … could someone help me?

my setup is

MSI B85 G43 GAMING
SSD HyperX Fury 120 gb
windows 10

my device manager

my ssd benchmark

thanks.

@crankz :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Please have a look into the start posts of >this< and >this< thread.
If you have read the related posts and should still have concrete questions, please ask them.
By the way: Your chosen thread title is not very meaningful. It would be a good idea to change it to something like “Bad Intel AHCI Performance - why?”.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

ive done all steps exept the ahci drivers and the Intel MEI driver since i have no clue which one to choose ! Im kinda a noobie

I doubt that. What about the System Disk Drive’s Properties > "Policies" settings regarding the "Write-Caching Policies"?
Which Intel AHCI driver are you currently using?
The Intel MEI driver has no real impact on the performance of an SSD.

I doubt that. What about the System Disk Drive’s Properties > "Policies" settings regarding the "Write-Caching Policies"?
Which Intel AHCI driver are you currently using?
The Intel MEI driver has no real impact on the performance of an SSD.

Ive done those.
Intel(R) 8 Series / C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller ( i guess )
Does MEI driver have impact on system performance overall?

That is the name of the on-board Controller. I wanted to know the driver version, which is the Controller using. You can find it, if you do a right-click onto the Controller and then choose the options "Properties" > "Driver".

Yes, but not with a noticeable effect (provided, that the used driver matches your chipset).

That is the name of the on-board Controller. I wanted to know the driver version, which is the Controller using. You can find it, if you do a right-click onto the Controller and then choose the options "Properties" > "Driver".

Yes, but not with a noticeable effect (provided, that the used driver matches your chipset).

the version is 14.8.10 .1055 and the MEI driver is 11.5.0.1019

I recommend to install the Intel AHCI driver v13.2.4.1000, do the AHCI performance boost settings according >this< thread and redo the benchmark test.

I recommend to install the Intel AHCI driver v13.2.4.1000, do the AHCI performance boost settings according >this< thread and redo the benchmark test.

when trying to install it via device manager i get an error

also should i update with iaStorAC or iaAHCIC ? ( both give the error)

thanks.

Maybe you have chosen the wrong architecture (32/64bit) of the driver. A 32bit OS needs a 32bit driver, whereas a 64bit OS needs a 64bit driver.
If you had installed any Intel RST Driver & Software Set, you have to uninstall the RST Software from within the Control Panel > "Add/Remove Software" section and to reboot, before you can go and manually install any other Intel AHCI driver.
Maybe you will have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button.

The file named iaAHCIC.inf is the correct information file for the installation of the Intel AHCI driver, the other one is only for Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in RAID mode.

Maybe you have chosen the wrong architecture (32/64bit) of the driver. A 32bit OS needs a 32bit driver, whereas a 64bit OS needs a 64bit driver.
If you had installed any Intel RST Driver & Software Set, you have to uninstall the RST Software from within the Control Panel > "Add/Remove Software" section and to reboot, before you can go and manually install any other Intel AHCI driver.
Maybe you will have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button.

The file named iaAHCIC.inf is the correct information file for the installation of the Intel AHCI driver, the other one is only for Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in RAID mode.

im trying te 64bit one and its not working. also i dont have any rst driver or software. weird
and the way im trying its the have disk one

@crankz :
Either the downloaded diverpack has gone corrupted or you have done something wrong.
Please re-download the original 64bit Intel RST(e) driver v13.2.4.1000 WHQL and unzip it by using any WinRAR v5.xx series version.
Then retry the installation from within the Device Manager.
It should work.

since i couldnt install the driver i re installed windows, got the driver working and my bench got higher but its still pretty low isnt it?

Yes, the benchmark scores should be much better, especially the WRITE ones.
I doubt, that you have followed my advices, wich I have layed down within the start post of >this< thread.

the only one i didnt do was this one "Disable the Link Power Management (LPM)." cuz i cant seem find the software online… i even updated my firmware before and still it didnt go much higher

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded part of the fully quoted post and blank lines removed (to save space)

@crankz :
I have tried to speculate about the reason for your bad AHCI benchmark results, but I do not really know it, because I am not sitting all the time behind you watching what you have done resp. are doing.
You should better ask the manufacturer of your SSD (Kingston?).

I think the SandForce-Controller in the SSD is causing the bad performance.

This drive is listed with 220MB/s write performance.
SandForce-Controllers compress the data to reach good performance.
Your benchmark is set to use incompressible data.
And that’s not enough - the SSD has only 52k iops write performance (I have some old Samsung 840 Pro and they have 90k).

In this price segment, even SanDisk would have been a better choice.

TL;DR: cheap drive = bad performance

Fernando what do Think about Intel 8 Series Chipset Family Sata AHCI Cotroller 14.5.2.1088 ? The OEM drivers. Should I change this on 14.8.12.1059. System Windows 10 Pro AU. To many changes by system and now I don’t now which should be the best driver ?

Regards

@Dromadus :
For users like you I have started >this< thread.
Why don’t you read before you are asking?