Dell Precision T7810 troubleshooting power up

Hello list,

Newbie to this forums.
Dell Precision T7810 w/ Macronix MX25L12873F bios spi chip

Bought this tower ‘as is’,
The machine powers on and end up with ‘white light’ on the power switch. After a few hours of removing/moving memory modules around dual cpus,remove one etc. Always a white light but no display. removing all ram,still a white light
Removed the motherboard and tried to check all the ic’s for grounds with DMM as best I can ,nothing obvious.
Am thinking is a corrupr bios,but cannot get my CH341a to read the chip with much time into it. The bios chip is situated as such,my only chance would be to remove with soldering iron,many tiny caps,etc right next to the MX25L12873F.
Have seen many descrepencies of what voltages should be at each ping on this particular chip/motheboard.

Does anyone know for sure with this board unplugged,& running,what i should be seeing with a simple voltmeter on this particular setup at each pin 1-8 .
My voltages running do not match any of the many videos on this subject.

TIA

Dell Precision T7810

Power on,but will not display, fans run,power supply self tests OK,
Have dumped the current bios with flashrom
Am not at all familiar with UEFITool,but learning.
Use Ghex for viewing hex files,on Linux
I did search here,but dont actually see a tutorail on how to overwriite the bios region with the latest extracted bios file into my dumped bios. (saved)
Will attach a photo of the Dell bios.exe (version A31)
Do i need to inject the Dell extracted ME.bin as well

TIA

hi Y’all,

Attaching a dumped bios from a Dell Precision T7810

If anyone has time, could you have a look at it,see if you think it may be corrupt.

TIA
orig1.zip (7.1 MB)

Static bios parts are identical to A26, first NVRAM volume is full (free space 0x30). ME opens in FIT.

Might be corrupt NVRAM or ME, you can exchange the first two volumes in bios region with ones from A26 stock

And clean the ME according to this guide:

Btw why a third thread for the same problem? (1, 2)

All merged as its all related to same user and machine, thank you.

@lfb6,

Thank You for the feedback.
Am going to practice the ME Clean routine.

FYI,another post as i didnt have the bios dump on hand when i posted before,a few days ago.
is this against the law??? :slight_smile: