BIOS file size on x570

Hi, while attempting to get rid/downgrade of the faulty 3001 BIOS on my Asus tuf gaming x570 plus (WiFi) I noticed that the file sizes of the BIOS backup I created (using afuwinx86) is only 16mb whereas the “official bios images” do have 32MB. I can’t even flash the currently installed versions .CAP file downloaded from ASUS with afu (which I just tried to see if the tool was working) because it told me that the file size differs from the installed BIOS’s size.
I’m a bit confused as to why that is.
(just fyi, I’m attempting to downgrade the BIOS, which isn’t possible via the official ways, and also which Asus didn’t warn me about. )

I think I’m missing a very basic piece here when I see that file size difference.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

@morgium :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You should better update the BIOS of your mainboard to the latest version 3201. It is available >here<.
Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

You, sir, are an angel in disguise. Thank you!

Edit: how did you even find this? it is in the category Accueil/BIOS/Asrock/Amd X470 (AM4)

retracted, im stupid.

I found the link today on the "News" page of Station-Drivers. >Here< is the link to that page.

the bios was removed by asus, so i guess my original question stands… how do i downgrade the bios? is it possible at all?