[BIOS Mod Request] ASRock Z97 Extreme6 v2.80, 40671 µCU 0x22, 306C3 µCU 0x28, IRST 14

Hi, this is the latest BIOS for ASRock Z97 Extreme6 motherboard v2.80, includes Broadwell 0x22 and Haswell 0x28 microcodes, IRST 14, and updated Networking OROMs; contains the stock ASMedia SATA6G OROM v0.951 due to concerns with performance on 0.97

@Lost_N_BIOS can you please add Above 4G Decoding to this BIOS? I would also appreciate any other hidden items to be shown if possible. Thanks again.

Z97Ex62_80.zip (5.4 MB)

@platinum4 - Thanks for quoting back my PM, please show me image of this BIOS Page >> Advanced >> PCI Subsystem Settings << if you cannot see PCI Subsystem submenu, show me root of Advanced
Use F12 to screenshot to USB, then put that in max compressed zip, thanks

@Lost_N_BIOS Here is the Root of Advanced Menu, no PCI Subsystem menu that I can find. There are PCIe Gen options in “Chipset”

@platinum4 - Thanks. Here, please test these BIOS in the following order, STOP testing once you see PCI Subsystem Settings submenu. Let me know which it is too, thanks.
Then, if you do not see 4G setting inside there, show me inside this submenu, so I can see what is visible to you, what is hidden, what is grayed out etc.
1. SetO
2. SetAMITSDU
3. SetAMITSDS

https://ufile.io/wpg7t5i5

Moving to correct subforum

@Lost_N_BIOS what BIOS did you provide me? This one has Haswell microcode 24 and IRST 13; it’s not the BIOS I attached at all. Also will not flash with Secure Flash Error on ASRock. This was for SetO, I have not tried any others.

I will need to try these tomorrow downstairs on my other board since I am using this one for work but I can at least try and see what options are available on these ones OK.

Correct, I did not edit attached file. It’s the BIOS I downloaded directly from Asrock’s site, BIOS last modify date 3/6/18 (Maybe they’ve changed the file?)
Sorry, I forgot to remove Asrock security function, so yes all will fail, sorry about that! .

I prefer to not edit on top of other users edits, is the edited file you attached properly modified? uCode editing is often not done correctly by users/tools, causing added or removed padding files, broken FIT table etc.
So, I checked your attached file, and what I mentioned = true. This is bad edit, padding file removed + incorrect (but valid) FIT Table update. If you’re using that, you got lucky it did not brick BIOS due to padding removed at PEI volume
So, I prefer not to edit on top of this, if you want to edit stuff after we’re done with the mod, wait and do that once we sort the menu edit
Or, you can ask me to do the ucode updates properly for you if you want, then you can do the RST edit.

Here is repack on the mods I sent you, with security feature removed for Asrock - https://ufile.io/pz94rf4d
Please test these BIOS in the following order, STOP testing once you see PCI Subsystem Settings submenu. Let me know which it is too, thanks.
Then, if you do not see 4G setting inside there, show me inside this submenu, so I can see what is visible to you, what is hidden, what is grayed out etc.
1. SetO
2. SetAMITSDU
3. SetAMITSDS

@Lost_N_BIOS OK, yeah, UBUTool must have been saved me somehow, since these have not bricked so far. If we get this working I just want the microcodes updated to 0x22 Broadwell 0x28 Haswell and the networking OROMs, don’t really care about IRST.

Attached are the options opened up with only SetO flashed. I was able to find the setting I wanted in PCI Subsystem, but there are a lot of duplicate entries in the BIOS as you can see from the 2 pages of Advanced menus.

SetO_Advanced_PCI_Subsystem_Menu_Page_Default_Settings.jpg

SetO_Advanced_Menu_Page2.jpg

SetO_Advanced_Menu.jpg

UBU is the cause of the issue, when updating the microcodes. You’re just lucky this isn’t a board that bricks due to the padding concerns.
Please put those images in a zip, and FIRST (!!) circle any dupe you want hidden, some may or may not be the same, so you need to show me what you want hidden.
Or, if you want, I can pull that PCI Subsystem out of the suppression that hid it and all the new submenus, so it’s just the new PCI submenu if you want? I didn’t do that originally, assuming you’d want all those other submenus visible too anyway.

OK, I will do the ucode edit properly on top of this, as I fix rest how you wanted. Network you can do, since there may be choices to make and you’d know what your board uses/needs.

@Lost_N_BIOS thanks for the effort; I enabled Above 4G Decoding with AMIBCP 4.55 and received a Code 12 on the PCI-to-PCI bridge and then after reinstalling chipset drivers with -OVERALL I would get a Code 12 on the 16x slot. I am using a PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe drive in the Ultra M.2 slot and I don’t think this will work for the 16-lane CPUs like Haswell and Broadwell. Skylakes are 20 lanes and Kaby are 24 at the CPU so I think those options are only relevant on that.

On this board my GPU runs at x8 and the PCIe NVMe runs at x4 leaving x4 lanes available but I think Above 4G Decoding works on 16-lanes and my GPU is using 8.

Sorry, I don’t have any clue about what you’re trying to do. Remove the NVME and see if that is the cause of the issue. Or, boot with onboard graphics and PCIE card removed, and see if it works then.
Do you still need me to do anything here now, or not?

Please, reupload this BIOS :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Simone

Some users r not active anymore… private sharing links r not recoverable, Lost has been away since January.
U can try reach other users using @username or post a REQUEST in the appropriate section.