Bios mod to support NvME in Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5

Hi to all. I´m trying to put a Samsung NvME m.2 in the Pcie 16x slot of my motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5 with Windows 10, but I´m not sure it could works. In the forum there is nothing about this one. Could you help me? Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

I cant believe that this forum has nothing that can help you… lazy user maybe humm?

How about this is the front page of the forum?

I´m reading a lot. Thanks.

Hello. I have read all the information of the procedure written by Fernando and before continuing I would like to know, if anyone knew, if it is possible to have a bootable NVME disk in the bios of this board. Thank you very much for your work for the community.

Usually its a mod that works on this motherboards/chipsets generations.
Now, the kind of answer that you want, only from a user with the exact motherboard model and same mod. As you can see in a forum tool search box results, there’s plenty of GA-Z68XP reports…

Search results for ‘Z68XP’ - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@Lucanorillo
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Only mainboards with an UEFI BIOS are able to boot off any NVMe SSD, provided, that the BIOS contains the required NVMe EFI module (either natively or via BIOS modification).
AFAIK Gigabyte doesn’t offer an UEFI BIOS for the mainboard GA-Z68XP-UD5. I have looked into the latest BIOS F6 and couldn’t find any DXE Driver Volume.
The only chance for you to boot off an NVMe SSD is to buy a Samsung 950 Pro. This SSD contains natively an NVMe Option ROM, which is required to boot off an NVMe in Legacy mode.
So a BIOS modification doesn’t make any sense for your mainboard.
Another option for you is to ask the Gigabyte Support for an UEFI BIOS for the GA-Z68XP-UD5.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Lucanorillo
@Fernando
There is a UEFI beta U1a (Also an F7a that cant remember if already UEFI), those so called “Hybrid” from AWARD to AMI EFI, from Stasio on TT forum.
I didnt mentioned… neither i asked this user if he knows of it, but yes your guide can be applied to this bios, ive done it in the past… but not very stable on these generation bios transitions. User choice…

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS (PREVIOUS) - TweakTown Forums

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS (LAST ones) - TweakTown Forums

1 Like