Bios Modding questions

You will only see the Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver Utility and its version, if you are running your Intel SATA ports in RAID mode.
Questions:
1. How many and which HDDs/SSDs are connected to your mainboard?
2. To which mode (IDE/AHCI/RAID) has your Intel SATA Controller been set within the BIOS?

1 hdd 1tb sata 3 (replaced the old hdd)
AHCI mode to boot os x

i m trying to boot linux from a dvd
it does boot in a new pc with uefi

I did not read all the posts in this thread, but I can’t see anything about Secure Boot.
If Secure Boot is enabled in BIOS, change it to disabled.
If you can’t change it, set a suporvisor password, then the locked security options will be unlocked.

But first of all, is the Secure Boot option there?
And if you don’t have an option to turn on UEFI mode or switch off CSM, then maybe UEFI is disabled by ASUS.
I know several Acer, ASUS, HP models with UEFI mode completely locked away.

Oh BTW: Intel 6-Series chipsets where never meant to completley disable CSM and use UEFI only mode…
Some 6-Series boards support UEFI, some don’t. It’s all a decision of the design team…

i don t have a Secure Boot option
i don t have a CSM option

i already unlocked every tab/option
i also checked amibcp but there s no secure boot or csm

i have UEFI BOOT and Legacy USB options set to true and false
i can see UEFI:device name in my boot menu

the exact error is "failed to install override security policy: 14 (not found)"

So I just copy&paste your error message into Google and it came up with plenty of results and solutions to it.

Google

i did this too

but the best thing would be fix the bios to boot any media with uefi

Did the prepared media (as described in the google results) boot?
Please always tell us the results of your actions, too.
It’s kind of hard to give you further advice if we don’t know if the previous one was helpful.

yea but it freezes

what kind of informations you need
now i m trying to boot windows 10
i m using rufus usb and selected gtp for uefi
it does load the logo and when the loading animation starts, it freezes and the hdd led does not blink

So further investigation revealed, that the ASUS X53SJ laptop is not UEFI compatible.
Its sister model K53SV (they both are K-models, it’s just the different region) was also not UEFI compatible.
The K53SV showed the same symptoms like yours and was fixed by ASUS with a BIOS update.
So modding your BIOS is useless and the solution lies right there.

PS: K53SJ and K53SV even show the same BIOS changelog, but I don’t know if they are compatible.
Crossflashing a BIOS is not recommended nor suggested!
If you perform such a crossflash, you do it at your own risk.
Neither I nor anyone in this forum, are responsible for any damage.

EDIT: you should at least check if the microcode and the VBIOS modules match your current configuration!

thanks

i sent an email to Asus

so you think that with a cross-flash i could fix uefi?

is it possible to just extract the fixed module and replace it in my bios?

I don’t think it could fix your problem. I just looked at the product specification and the BIOS changelog and thought it could be possible.
Either way, don’t do it. The risk of a brick is just too high.
If you are going to do it anyway, have a soldering iron, a programmer and a hex editor at your hand.
If you don’t know what to do with these things, don’t attempt a cross flash!

I don’t know what was fixed and changed. I don’t know what the specific differences are (chipset revision, GPIO usage, main BIOS code, etc.).
Simply extract this and insert there is not going to happen.

the only differences are:

it supports i7-2670qm
it has an usb3 port
nvidia 540M

i will not cross-flash because these differences will probably break my pc

1 hdd 1tb sata 3 (replaced the old hdd)
AHCI mode to boot os x

Why did you try to update/insert the Intel RST RAID related BIOS modules (Intel RST RAID ROM and EFI "RaidDriver")?
That doesn’t make any sense, because they are not used by your system as long you are running your HDD in AHCI mode.

i was not sure if it was needed by efi so i added it

Any Intel RAID ROM or EFI SataDriver/RaidDriver module within the BIOS of your system is useless, because it cannot and will not be used, because you have an AHCI and no RAID system.

So, asus support says my pc does support full uefi and i have to reset my bios…

I just installed clover emulating uefi on my pc, nvram seems not working/installed, i ll try to reset the bios, but this sounds stupid

Hi everyone. First of all, I’m aware that this is an old thread but anyway, I’ll take my chances. I have the exact same laptop as @kyl . I would like to somehow make it run win10 in UEFI mode but have faced the same issues as described here = stuck on windows loading flag. Is there maybe some way to fix this ?

hi, UEFI is not fully implemented in our bios, it is not able to boot any OS, you must use a bootloader to emulate it and boot your OS in UEFI mode.

I m using clover EFI (https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader) but it is not that good if you only care about Windows, you may try rEFInd first.
You can also set nvram emulation for a full UEFI experience (i’m not using it so i can’t tell you more about this)