[BIOS Modding Request] ASUS VivoBook S510UF/X510UF

No, no one said that I said don’t use the other one if first one shows new ADV/Chipset Other one is same/same, but with additional change in case first one didn’t show those.
I will make you follow up BIOS, once you’ve answered my questions and sent images etc. Yes, feel free to send as many images as you want, but please either resize them to 800px wide, or if you can use F12 to screenshot to USB. I don’t need to see 2-5MB images at 2-5K resolution
Max compress into zip or 7zip etc, and upload to some free file site (not mega.nz)

oh sorry i have already edited nexx time i will upload to an external site
you can leave the old advanced tab (btw ez flash is also on the new tab)
about thermals: there is only one tab about the cpu bunt wont show anything temperature related
i think the problem is that i dont nnow what to change because the names are different from what i found online maybe i need to thest more i dont know…
here is the cpu thermal tabimage

@blazessdd - Nice to see EZ Flash is on other advanced too, I just assumed it wasn’t and didn’t look right then. So really, no reason to leave old advanced then, right? It looks bad to have both, for no reason especially.

CPU thermals - Advanced >> Power & Performance - Here you can also directly disable Thermal monitoring. Mainly PL1/PL2 will control CPU power draw or limits etc, but you can also configure via TDP or ACPI within this area
How to use and or adjust all these, I have no clue, you’ll have to google around about it, I know most people just use PL1/PL2 to control this kind of thing.

Advanced >> Thermal Configuration >> here, there is the many options, and possible ways to setup thermal controls I mentioned. Each section is a manner to control this, and you can only enable one method/type at a time.
The stuff with “Trip Points” you mentioned, I assume in >> Platform Thermal Configuration << This is disabled by default, see top setting >> Automatic Thermal Reporting = disabled << Enable, then these should work (but disable other method below first, or adjust there instead)
But, you may need to disable DPTF first in >> DPTF Configuration << This is way it looks to be currently configured, this method enabled by default, so set your trip points here, or disable this and use the area mentioned above.
So yes, you just need to figure it all out. If I were you, I would NOT try to enable the area/method you are looking at, since it’s disabled by default, I would adjust in DPTF instead, since that is the default configured method/area

yeah lets get rid of that ; )

once i got some more info i will post here somwhere else there on this form and ask for help ahahahaha

[/quote]
you are right and i will try : )

there are any ither "main" tab like advanced or chipset tht can be enabled? something like "AI tweaker" or "monitor"? i say these because other asus motherboard have those settings i am looking for in those tabs

OK, we’ll hide old Advanced. No, there is no other hidden sections with settings related to stuff you’ve been mentioning, just the hidden Advanced and or Chipset has stuff like this.
Ai Tweaker when in BIOS, usually only has overclock CPU/Memory/Voltage related stuff, the stuff you are talking about is always and only in Adv/Chipset. Monitor only has fan controls, or monitoring, when present (neither of these are in your BIOS)
You can look at BIOS and see everything with AMIBCP 5.02.0023 (20016 version) or 5.02.0031 (2017 version), if you can’t find these send me a PM

* Edit - Here is BIOS with OG Advanced hidden now, once you send me images of all stuff you can see in new advanced/chipset, I can reveal anything that’s still hidden
Flash this via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm2.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…898853170955372

sorry i didn’ get this one ahahaha here is what i see
main are photos (the bios wont let me take sreenshot) of the main tabs 3 photos 147kb submenu are photos of every entry and sub entry (those are a lot) 107 photos 5.5mb

main tabs

submenu

@blazessdd - I meant, send me complete images (up/down where needed), and ROOT of all menus that contain submenus, of new Advanced and Chipset (total contents inside each) - Sounds like what you did, correct?
I will look these over vs BIOS and get back to you soon with final mod BIOS Update

* Edit - Sorry, those are way too small to be useful, please only resize to 800 wide (not length - even though these are also not 800 length either, mentioning because you’ve cropped them lengthwise)

sorry i have resized 800x600 now : )

main

submenu

@blazessdd - “Main” is dead link, expired

here is the new link :frowning:

main

@blazessdd - Sorry, I did not forget about this, just wanted to let you know!! I’ve kept tab open and been meaning to get this done, but keep getting buried.
I will do this first thing tonight

@Lost_N_BIOS don’t apologize you do an excellent work and i am sure not get enough out of it, well don’t know how much work there is behind this but even experience has a price (we’ll talk about this in PM)

@blazessdd - Thanks for understanding! Some stuff is tough to do, other stuff is time consuming or tedious, but then some stuff is easy. It all depends on what I’m doing, but no matter what I am buried in requests here so I’m never caught up
Here is next follow up, I made everything visible that’s relevant to laptop and or safe to make visible, however some stuff may still be dangerous (ie brick if you set wrong etc) - so please pay attention to warning below
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…399712373833629

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!! ***
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

hey, sorry for necroing dead old thread
I found your mod bios while searching on google, I own S510UQ, will this bios mod be applicable to my version?