BIOS Unlock - Sabertooth X79 PCIe Bifurcation for dual nvme

Hoping i put this in the correct spot to see if it is still possible to get an unlock BIOS for a sabertooth x79 mobo so i can use dual NVME on an Asus Hyper m.2 pcie card.

New to the board and this type of modding seems to be beyond my skill level.

[Guide] - How to Bifurcate a PCI-E slot - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] PCIe Bifurcation - mapping IIO/IOU to PCIe slot - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

I did try following another guide from here but I cannot find anywhere to download AMIBCP and I’m not experienced enough to figure out the missing info in the guide. Nothing would be missing for those of you experienced in this. But simple steps or locations of what to use or even keyboard shortcuts.

Here’s the guide.

My concern is doing some serious damage without knowing what I am doing.

The forum doesnt provide such tools as they’re not free and are under DNA for professioanl use. Google is your friend.

The task is on user side as also the risks of modding…as we all taken, when agreed to.

Your motherboard, on the safety/recover side has an advantage… the Asus USB BFB, theres plenty of users that dont have it or neither Dual-Bios.

You may wait for a user that can spare the time to do it.

Good luck

Thanks. Appreciate the help as it is. Definitely have me a better idea on whether I should attempt this or not. Without the proper apps I don’t think I will and I’ll take the advice and possibly wait for a user or even just get a cheap PCIe and run 2 at the same time. That or upgrade it all.

Attempted today using the guide I linked as well as referencing the two you linked. I wouldn’t say they were built for anyone exactly as I still had to find the referencing and mine was a bit different but I managed to get it working first try. Final issue was that you can’t use bios to actually update the modded bios in Asus. Workaround was to simply use the Asus flashback which worked like a charm.