Bricked Asus GL502VM laptop after changing to legacy boot. Please help

I changed to legacy boot on my Asus GL502VM laptop and now get only a black screen when powering on. I’m trying to emergency flash bios or do anything to fix this but am getting nowhere. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just to be clear, I have a decent idea of what the problem is and work in IT, I just cannot seem to get anywhere when trying every fix I can find anywhere.

Either you find a CMOS/NVRAM reset procedure for this particular device or it’s the CH341 programmer, dump the bios, empty/ clean NVRAM (part of bios region in firmware), flash it back.

Really appreciate the advice man. I have tried everything humanly possible to CMOS reset this thing and it just does not help. I was getting bluescreens and somebody recommended changing the boot mode to legacy. After enabling secure boot and doing that, its had a black screen ever since. Unplugging the CMOS battery and laptop battery for 24 hours does nothing, and neither does every other ‘easy fix’ from Asus or the internet. It seems I may be able to try and blind flash bios with USB. Otherwise been thinking about somehow updating the gtx1060 firmware so it doesnt have this stupid problem, but dont think thats possible as the GPU is not removable from the laptop . Any other thoughts would be appreciated, but I know you have already given me a solution and thank you very much.

Secure boot does only work for uefi boot. Bluescreens might rather be related to overheating, os/software, ‘tweaking with settings’, …

1 Like