Bricked Intel DH77KC Mother Board: Recovery using external SPI flash programmer

Hello guys,

Background:
I was trying to re-flash the latest version of DH77KC bios (0112) onto my old PC in bios recovery mode as I was facing some issues in my PC (Stuck at black screen during a reboot, unable to save BIOS settings sometimes). Had faced similar kind of issues previously (like BIOS GUI not loading after a power outage) & I had fixed them by flashing BIOS in recovery mode. This time I was not getting any updates on the display regarding recovery of bios from the pen-drive. I waited for like 5 mins, just hit the power button once & motherboard got bricked. I was unable to boot into any modes after this. PC powers up & hard drive light keeps blinking for eternity. Nothing on display in all normal, factory default bios config & in recovery modes.

Current status:
I’m having a CH341A based SPI programmer & a test clip for SOP-8 package. The BIOS chip used in DH77KC is a WINBOND W25Q64FVSIG 8 MB SPI flash. I was able to read the flash & I loaded the binary dump in UEFITool. I’m seeing lot of errors in UEFITool as expected. After googling & going through forums here, I’m kinda lost. There is lot of talk about Intel ME & extraction of Intel’s .bio firmware to get binary .bin file. I can’t find any how-to to extract .bin file from .bio firmware that Intel provides. Can somebody shed some light here?

I have attached log from UEFITool parser & here is link to extracted binary dump from BIOS flash.

uefitool_parser_log_dh77kc_bios.txt (11.3 KB)

@nihal @A-Jax - For W25Q64FV use software version 1.30 or 1.34 and W25Q64BV ID or you will never get a proper dump or write (dump maybe OK, but write will always fail). Or, it may be OK with exact chip ID if you use ASProgrammer, I’ve not tested that as far as I can remember.
Since you have already read and flashed the chip, hopefully I can salvage enough of your board specific details from your dump. Or, maybe you haven’t tried to erase or write yet, unclear, hopefull you haven’t!
Here’s main driver and several software versions - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…257455007472602
If you have not erased or tired to write to the chip yet, please dump it again using 1.30 and W25Q64BV ID and send me that for what I requested below

Please upload for me your original BIOS dump from the chip, before you touched anything (ie first dump you made), if you’ve already tried to erase and write to the chip (if not, see above)
And, please link me to the stock BIOS download from Intel (not something you uploaded), or whatever version you want to be on.

What is your LAN MAC ID? If you are not sure, or even if you are, also please give me images from all stickers on your motherboard, be sure to look on back of board, and on sides of 24 pin, top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots too.