Broken ASM USB 3.0 Controller after flashing wrong Firmware

Hello! i did some stupid mistake - i flashed my msi z97 mpower max ac with this firmware -Asmedia ASM-107x USB 3.0 Firmware Version 140415030000 (latets version on station-drivers) but after that i have problem - my rear usb port work wrong, and when i’m trying flash previos work version Asmedia ASM-107x USB 3.0 Firmware Version 130319033715, then i get error - can’t find asm107x hub controller in current platform. What i must to do?

@vivaldis :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since I am not an expert regarding your special problem, I cannot help you myself, but I hope, that you will get support by somebody else.
It may be a good idea to give the thread a more meaningful title (example "Broken ASM USB 3.0 Controller after flashing wrong Firmware") and to move it into the "BIOS Modding" section of the Forum.

Good luck!
Regards Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank’s how to move created post to another section?

Since you do not have the required rights, I have done it.

Hello similar things happened to me. Two things helped I do not know which exactly so you can try one after another separately. After flash remove all the USB devices in device manager and switch the PC off. And then I used the flasher for new firmware and before starting flashing I put in the temp folder where it unpacked the bin file the file from older version that is available on station drivers ASMedia_U3_FW_update and also unpacks bin file to temp folder when updating. After this procedure the hub started working again but to be honest I do not know which version is flashed in now. I will monitor the behavior, as it is unpredictable now how the USB controller will behave. These issues happened before under different conditions, unfortunately http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id…-detecting.html .

To make it more complicated, twice the ports disappeared and I had to switch off the pc again to "revive" them. So I cannot say how this will behave in the future, maybe I will have to replace the mainboard.

Anyone progress on how to recover the ASM107x port ?

I spend many days and hours now, trying to solve.
From the web I found different versions of the 107FWUpgradeTool: 1350, 2105, 2306 and 2312. I tried them all, each with different combination of "filter driver": 1042, 1060 and 1070.
Trying all combinations I did not succeed to flash any of following Firmwares: 140415030000, 130319033715 and 13031903030E.

During the update process he showed me firmware of my 1074 hub: 121030000000

In any case update failed with either of one of these errors: "Failed!!", "Cant find hub", "Timeout", or just no error message and update progress ends without success.
Strangely when he starts, he recognizes the hub correctly (as mentioned above reading its firmware).