Can anyone mod Intel RST drivers 11.6.0.1030 to support Samsung's NVME M.2 SSD on a Z77 Extreme4 motherboard?

I was able to install Windows 10 on this M.2 but I can’t get my NVME M.2 SSD to be recognizable in the Intel RST control panel and was wondering if that is possible? However the driver does work and recognize my secondary Samsung 850 Evo connected to the sata III port. I am using a Silverstone ECM20 duale M.2 to PCI-E x4 and Sata 6g adapter card for the 960 pro but when I connect my 850 evo to it, it doesn’t recognize it either.

@Avocado :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

It is not possible, because the Intel RST drivers and Console only do support disk drives under the following conditions:
a) The disk drives are connected to one of the Intel SATA ports.
b) The SATA mode of the Intel SATA Controller has been set within the BIOS to “AHCI” or “RAID”.
NVMe SSDs are generally not supported by Intel RST drivers or software versions (only exception: NVMe SSDs as RAID0 array in combination with Intel 100-/200-Series Chipset systems and Intel RST(e) RAID drivers/BIOS modules v14.8 or up).
Your NVMe SSD is not connected to any Intel SATA port, but to PCIe lanes, which are manages by the Samsung NVMe Controller, which is within your SSD.

That is quite normal, because the 850 EVO has a SATA interface.

That is normal as well, because you are using an M.2 > PCIe Adapter and this adapter doesn’t give you any connection to the SATA 6G ports. SATA ands NVMe are using an absolutely different protocols.
Conclusion: You cannot use the Intel RST Console for anything regarding the Samsung NVMe SSD.
By the way: If you want to put the OS onto the Samsung NVMe and to boot off it, you need an NVMe EFI module within your mainboard. >Here< is the guide about how to get it working.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the clarifications. I did manage to install the M.2 as a boot device and it works great but the bios mod guide looks very interesting. Fortunately for me I didn’t have to mod my bios, someone already did. lol