Can Resizable BAR Support be ported to older Intel Chipsets?

Thanks a lot!
I have checked with AMIBCP, the Above 4G Decoding is disabled by default in your BIOS, Secure Boot is also untouched.

I only tested unlimited (value 32 in ReBarState), GPU-Z got 32GB in BAR Size with 32GB of DDR5 and 24GB of VRAM.

I also share mine, I started from the latest 4101 modded BIOS I could find on Win-Raid which has slightly more recent OROM and cpumicrocodes (All bios parameters are untouched). I have not done extensive testing but its seems stable even with overclock. As always use it at your own risk!
RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-4101_MOD_RB (HWE 0x49, BWE 0x40).zip (8.3 MB)

You’re right. I remember what happened. I was messing around with it when I started getting blue screens and random errors. First I had to replace CMOS battery, and then come to find out that my command rate (think it was 2T, or 1T) was causing crashes.

I’ll go ahead and download yours at some point. My base was stock ASUS file, I didn’t touch oproms or microcode. For a while I was going without the meltdown/spectre updates, but that seems foolhardy to me now.

Thanks for sharing! I’ll give it a try when I have a chance.

You are welcome!

The official 4101 BIOS has these microcodes:
HWE 0x43
BWE 0x36

I believe these microcodes are already patched for meltdown/spectre.
If I remember correctly the latest microcodes solved some overclocking issues that occurred after some windows updates. The workaround was to rename mcupdate_genuineintel.dll from C:\Windows\System32

In any case with GRC InSpectre tool you can enable/disable the protection as you wish.

Seems the bios flashed successfully, and ReBar does work but it under GPU-z, ReBar shows disabled, I also checked under device manager > Display > Resources, to see if any large memory is present, there was none.

Edit:

I checked under GPU-z again, under Resizable Bar:

This is what it says on my own end:

Resizable BAR enabled in bios: Unsupported GPU

Graphics Driver Support: Unsupported GPU

PCI-Express BAR Sizes: Unsupported GPU

All others says yes, using a Titan V, graphic drivers: 551.61.

I’m not sure what to make of that. It sort of sounds like ReBAR isn’t enabled in your GPU’s VBIOS. I’m not familiar with that particular card so you’d have to research it more. I know for my card, ASUS TUF Gaming 3080, there was a VBIOS update enabling ReBAR. I thankfully didn’t have to mess with it since I bought my card second hand.

Might be worth looking in to.

Got working with RTX 3060 ti and I5 8600k on gpu-z