Can you update a PC BIOS using a CH341A programmer

So hey y’all!
İ’m planning on building a PC but I’m stumped.
A year ago I bought a ch341a programmer for unlocking my Asus laptop’s bios.
Now, I’m planning to buy a Gigabyte b450 Aorus M and a Ryzen 3 3100. The problem is that in order for the mobo to work with that CPU it needs a bios update. And sadly, I don’t have a extra CPU lying around.
So I figured since the programmer can read and write bios chips I should be able to use it to update the mobo bios without a CPU.

Is my logic correct? And morely can it be done?

@celloh - It’s not ideal, or easy/suggested in most cases, but yes, it can be done. Since this is Gigabyte, what you can do is dump your current BIOS (MAIN, or M_BIOS) with CH341A, have someone check it to be sure all OK before you do any erase or writes to the MAIN chip.
Then program in the stock updated/compatible BIOS, and check to see if Ethernet LAN then works, if not then you’ll need one more mod using your stock dumped BIOS to edit into the stock updated BIOS your LAN MAC ID, then all should be sorted out.

@Lost_N_BIOS thanks! I’ll try that when I have the mobo. Btw this mobo has dual bios. Would that matter?

You’re welcome! Yes, that’s why I mentioned to do this to Main BIOS or M_BIOS. Usually backup BIOS will be auto reflashed on first boot once Main BIOS is updated, but if not you can do once you have the main all sorted either via hotkey combo or programmer.