Motherboard: 85EA 51.24
BIOS Version: F.34
RAM: 8GB
PSU: Can’t find this, I’m sorry
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10
GPU Drivers: No idea, sorry, just the basic stuff pre installed
Chipset Drivers: Also no idea, sorry, just the basic stuff pre installed
Background Applications: Chrome

Description of Original Problem: When I open Task manager, I can see there is 2.1GB of memory “Hardware reserved”. I checked AMD Radeon software app and also other online forums /Youtube videos with people having exactly the same problem and it is the memory being allocated to the GPU, which I don’t need- I don’t play games or edit videos, I need my notebook for work, thus more memory would be welcome.

Troubleshooting: I tried the simple solution of going to msconfig >boot>advanced>maximum memory unchecked, didn’t do anything.
As most people online recommend, I tried going to BIOS to change the memory allocation. However, apparently HP hardware does not allow you to go to the “Advanced Tab”, as it is hidden from users. They even admitted it on their support forums that they deliberately restricted this function so user don’t tweak with hardware (with the same hardware I purchased, how cool is that). There are some BIOS types which have like a secret key combination to get into the extended BIOS, but not mine, so this apparently comes out of the question.

In the AMD radeon software, I tried checking whether I can underclock the GPU and others, but this function doesn’t appear for me, as if the hardware itself was locked or something.

So that is my situation, I would be eternally grateful if anybody could help me out with this, it would be amazing. Thank you so much!

PS: Would uninstalling the GPU from device management help? Thanks

Uninstalling GPU, out of the question
If u do not have a dedicated GPU, u need iGPU memory for it, its what the motherboard is doing as its using the Vega iGPU.
Even if ur not a gamer…let it be as it is.

Does that mean there’s not solution and I’m stuck like this?

The only possible solution, if it can be done…is someone check hidden bios options and if any item that can help u on this subject, meaning a bios mod, off course a high risky operation especially for u.

Thank you very much for your help, have a great day!