Cannot find the BIOS Chip position of z490i unify

when I flash the modify BIOS by fptw64, the blue screen happen. I decide to buy a ch341 but I can’t find the BIOS Chip. Could someone tell me where it is? I can’t confirm the chip winbond 25x20clnig2005 in the picture is right one

-3cc4281ecb269df2.jpg

Latest bios info, the rest is digging urself.

z490i.jpg

Thanks for the guidance

Here is bios chip location ,it should a wson8 8X6 package ,sop8 clip can’t apply in it.
https://images2.imgbox.com/e8/99/zgTTeOFD_o.jpg

jspi1 cable is better choice for end-users.

@genius239 thanks, I know the jspi1 cables is more convenient, but it seems msi z490i unity don’t have this cables, it is itx board

Yes ,it seems that there no jspi1 seat on this board.
Despoder or solder this type of chips need use a hot air gun ,it not just only 8 point need to solder ,its part of middle also need. So you need find a professional prepair store to do this. And wson8’s adapter seat is very expensive ,too.

Another method ,you could try to solder 8 dupont Lines to chip’s 8 pin and extend them to a seat on spi programmer.

@genius239 I want to try an adapter cable, then use ch341a to flash BIOS. Does this work?

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is a probe clip ,you need to hold it on chip by your hand when you read/write data from chip…i think it can ,but the pci-e slot tail might block a little.

@genius239 You are right, Do you have any ideas to remove this tail?

oh, ch341a can’t support w25q256jveq, my god

problem closed, finally i use neoprogrammer tool flash the BIOS.

My z490i unify was bricked after updating Bios with MSI Dragon Center. After hours searching, I found that the better solution is that reflash the Bios through JSPI1. However as you said there is no seat for JSPI1 on this mobo.
Could you share me the tool you used, some steps or tutorial or something I have to notice?
khandishnetwork . com/dl/neoprogrammer-software-2021-v2-2-0-8-22-06-2021/
This tool, right? (i am new member, be not allowed to post full link)

As ususally… users get served and bail out… ull do the same, so dont expect any answer from him …July 02… ring a bell? Also did u read forum guidelines in how to correctly notify a user?
Seems not so ur post stays here for prosperity…

The motherboard has an SPI that requires a new adaptor for direct contact with the pins, the software u already know hot to get it, so it leaves only the adaptor that u need to acquire.
This operation is not for inexperienced users and needs some in-filed/human hand skills that no one can give u on messages.

you flashed the original bios or modded ?
you got gen 11 working on your mobo without any bugs ?

I have always use this https://www.amazon.it/DollaTek-SOIC16-Ci…07DJ4VCG5&psc=1
I use a z490 unify bios modded